Any Other Vegetarians Here?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ingyandbert

Any Other Vegetarians Here?

#1 Post by ingyandbert »

Any other vegetarians here besides Snowbunny and me? Just curious! Mr. Ingy and I were both vegetarians for about 17 years before we ever met. We both went veggie 20 years ago. One thing I didn't have to worry about with braces is how to eat steaks and stuff.

IndyBraceFace

#2 Post by IndyBraceFace »

I'm a vegetarian too. My ortho. had me watch a video about foods to avoid and I giggled to myself when steak showed up on the screen. Woo hoo!

sleater

#3 Post by sleater »

I am also a veggie!

snowbunny

#4 Post by snowbunny »

This is great! We're all 'coming out'!! The most vegetarians I've been amongst! (well, aside from my three children and the two rabbits!).

I'm sure we will have no trouble with eating tofu...

Tunkabean

#5 Post by Tunkabean »

Hey.... fellow Veggies.

I'm a vegetarian also...my entire family is. I've been on the veg scene for about 9-10 years now. So I have no probs with biting into meat like the dentist warned against :lol:

Also, its a lot worst to have a piece of meat stuck in ur teeth for a long time... than a niece piece of carrot.

Megera_S

#6 Post by Megera_S »

I am :) I've been veggie for almost 5 years (in April)...
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months

Evelyn

#7 Post by Evelyn »

I'm a vegetarian! I've been one for pretty much my whole life. No one ever forced me, or even encouraged me, I just never could stand the texture of meat even before I knew what it was.

Power to the veggies!
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

brittonrs26

#8 Post by brittonrs26 »

I'm a veggie too--for about two years now.

Qtgirl

#9 Post by Qtgirl »

Im "Semi-Vegetarian", Ive been for like 5 years now. (Does that count, lol).

Tunkabean

#10 Post by Tunkabean »

Im "Semi-Vegetarian", Ive been for like 5 years now. (Does that count, lol).
ohhh... are u a pescan?

I was a semi-ovo lacto
Now I'm mostly a lacto....and even so, I'm leaning more towards vegan.

sydsmom

#11 Post by sydsmom »

Yay!!! Long live the veg-heads :-)

I've been vegetarian for years, and finally went almost 100% vegan around September (I still indulge in chocolate occasionally and some breads that contain a little egg). Little difficult to eat those toasted walnuts in my oatmeal each morning, but I make do!
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06

dkt3

#12 Post by dkt3 »

I confess I am a veggie too :) But not for normal reasons. I get quite sick when I eat meat and have done most of my life. Some proteins are hard for my body to break down. I also have the same problem sometimes when I eat pancakes. I feel really sick but Im not sure what about them makes this so.

eoberhauser

#13 Post by eoberhauser »

Vegetarian here also. My boyfriend and I both are. I'm surprised at the number of us here!

decisionmade

#14 Post by decisionmade »

YUP ME TOO!

When i first got braces i worried my salad days were over but thankfully I can eat them just fine now:)..Just not on a date :roll:
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

hooray4mediocrity

#15 Post by hooray4mediocrity »

... count me in as well!! :D

I was amused that I was told that I couldn't eat ribs.. goodness gracious! How will I live?!?

I would also probably be vegan, except I looooove cheese! argh! Its my weakness!