find a close ortho or the good ortho is more important?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

find a close ortho or the good ortho is more important?

#1 Post by poloaa »

I m still searching the ortho, go to different consultations so far, here is the questions in my mind, can anyone help me to determine which one i should choose?? Is that important to choose the one very close to my house, so i can go there when anything happen to my teeth or braces ? Or i should pick the one is very good, but little bit further (about 20 miles from my house), it is a dumb question, but anyone can advice me w/the silly question?? Thanks.
po

Kevin

#2 Post by Kevin »

I guess that depends on what you're going after - convenience or quality. Personally, I'd go for quality. But that's just me...

Kevin

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

same here, i prefer a good ortho for sure!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jennandtonic

#4 Post by jennandtonic »

If I knew I was getting good care, the 20 miles would be WORTH IT!

snowbunny

#5 Post by snowbunny »

Yep, a good ortho is important. Also, get one that you can talk to and feel confident with. I feel very at ease with my ortho and feel that I'm in capable hands.

ssfw

#6 Post by ssfw »

I agree with the other posts. Quality and an orthodontist you feel comfortable talking to. In fact, I think it's also important if the staff is easy to communicate with also.

I have driven an hour for medical treatment and yes, it was worth it.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

poloaa

#7 Post by poloaa »

All i concern is if the things break or any happen during the treatment will be so frustrated, do u all have this problem and how often?? When the ortho say the treatment fee is $____ for example, does it include the "retainer" itself? thanks for all the replies.
Po

dena

#8 Post by dena »

i was choosing between orthos in town (3 minutes away) and one out of town (about 20-30 miles)...I went with the out of town guy because i liked his office best. i dont think it's too far to drive--only about 25 minutes. it's worth it.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months