Braces wired together prior to surgery?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ga_N8V

#1 Post by Ga_N8V »

Hiya Lucyloop,

I had something similar this past summer when I moved from San Diego to Quantico, VA. The Ortho basically removed the archwire from the upper and lower brackets and replaced them with, what I like to call, "turbo-charged powerchains."

The intent was to lock the teeth into a stable position for an extended period of time during my move across the country and until I could get back into the ortho program. Total time I was wired like this was about two months.

-Ga_N8V
Braces - $3,500 ; Surgery - $15,000-$20,000 ; Increase in confidence and self-esteem - Priceless!!

i814u2c

#2 Post by i814u2c »

I had shoulder surgery on Dec 29. Orthodontist, anestesiologist and Orthopedic surgeon said the braces were no problem. Even on the ventilator it was fine. Good Luck
37 YR F METAL TOP AND BOTTOM
TOP ON OCT 04
BOTTOM ON DEC 04

David

#3 Post by David »

When he says "wired together" what is he suggesting? :?

I would think that anything like that would slow down your treatment unless he is just suggesting wire ties instead of regular ligs. It seems a little unusual. :o

Good luck for the surgery, you seem to have had more than your fair share of it lately. I hope it goes well for you and that you don't suffer too much pain and discomfort :thumbsup: