*cheer* first adjustment was today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Destor

*cheer* first adjustment was today

#1 Post by Destor »

And it couldn't have come sooner, after 2 months with the same wire and starting to see little to no new progress, I was anxious for the next step. Went in today and got a new square, thicker wire.

Teeth are already killing (glad I went to mcdonalds right after the wire went in, got some solid food at the last moment :P ) but I'm excited to see what new changes are ahead. The ortho warned that my top row might space out even more (didn't think that was possible at this point) but that it'll only be temporary.

As for changes, my teeth in general look like they're lined up much better, and the crowding between my two bottom front teeth is almost completely gone, after 2months!

Unfortunately don't have any pictures, I'm just beaming and needed to rant somewhere about it :D
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

ssfw

#2 Post by ssfw »

Hi Destor,

I'm glad your first adjustment went well today. I'm sure you wished that you could have gone in sooner to get an adjustment. I think the exciting thing with orthodontics is seeing changes in such a small amount of time, like you did. I saw some movement with my teeth after having my expander for 2 days - it was a small movement but I was pleased. I'm sure you may have some irritation on and off for a few days, but keep in mind that it will be worth it.

Take care.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Evelyn

#3 Post by Evelyn »

Congrats! It's always good to have one of those 'morale-booster' appointments every once in a while. Hopefully the pain will be worth it and you'll see some good progress soon!

~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Glad you got your first adjustment. I can't wait to get a new wire...I guess that will really tell me that I am progressing.

I had my first adjustment yesterday and I must say that I am in no pain whatsoever...hope your discomfort goes away soon. McDonalds is always an excellent choice and I'm glad you had time to get there and eat before the pain settled in ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

dena

#5 Post by dena »

my first adjustment was today too! i'll try to post pics soon. changing the o-rings made my teeth really sore, but otherwise, all's well.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Silverware

Re: *cheer* first adjustment was today

#6 Post by Silverware »

Destor wrote:(glad I went to mcdonalds right after the wire went in, got some solid food at the last moment :P )
I wouldn't exactly call that solid food ;)

In any case, glad you are seeing changes for the better. I had my first adjustment yesterday, although it was after only 1.5 weeks. My next one is next week!

Today my bottom four teeth are very crooked (they were straight before) so it's kind of a bummer, but I know they are just making room for my canines which are practically across town.

dena

#7 Post by dena »

silverware: why so many appts in a row? are they doing something special at these close-together appointments?

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Silverware

#8 Post by Silverware »

dena, this past appointment they put in my expander and changed the wire. Next appointment, I think it is just changing the wire again. I don't know why they are so frequent. I'm not complaining :)

ingyandbert

#9 Post by ingyandbert »

Good for you, Destor! Just keep smiling.

My first adjustment is not for another six and a half weeks. Ugh! I can feel that my teeth are moving and am starting to see a few small gaps that weren’t there before, so that’s good at least. But overall nothing really looks any different. I shouldn’t complain since it’s only been two weeks since my braces were installed, but it sure feels longer! Once I can see more definite straightening, I’m sure I’ll feel more satisfied. My ortho said I’d be surprised at how much different things look by the first adjustment, so I’m anxious to see it.