Great adjustment and elastics!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cookie

Great adjustment and elastics!

#1 Post by cookie »

Have just been for another adjustment this morning, and all is going really well.

I asked my ortho how treatment was going, and if we could try and speed things up a bit, and for once he said yes! So I now have double powerchains over my extraction gaps as per the last few adjustments, but they're shorter - and I now have the delight of wearing elastics 12-14 hours a day!

He's given me "GREY" elastics - they're 3/16" (4.8mm) 4.5oz force - means nothing to me whatsoever, but he says they're going to hurt, and really start pulling the gaps closed - FINALLY!

Oh, and best of all, he said I have realistically only 6 months left of treatment - he says I can probably have the off for my hols at the start of July - woo hoo :D 8)
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

That's amazing news!!! You must be so happy and probably can't wait until July!! :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

kirst1583

#3 Post by kirst1583 »

Wow Cookie, that's great news. It's actually scary how similar your story is to mine!
I had an adjustment this morning also. I've previously had double power chains over the gaps (now just single ones) and had elastics (4 worn horizontal... also to help close them).
As of today though I have to go back to my last configuration, which is from my 3rd tooth on either side down to the back tooth because he says my bite needs work. I have to wear them 24/7 though, even when eating. It feels strange now but I know I will get used to it pretty soon like the last time.
He also told me the braces would be off within the next 6 mths!!! I can't wait..
At the moment my mouth is killing me, but it's totally worth it.

cookie

#4 Post by cookie »

kirst1583 wrote:At the moment my mouth is killing me, but it's totally worth it.
My teeth are actually aching a bit just now (nothing major though) and I haven't even put my elastics in. It's wrong to want my teeth to hurt, but at least then I know that something is happening.

I called my husband to tell him I'll be getting my braces off in about 6 months, and instead of being excited for me, he pointed out that means I have to pay the treatment off sooner than I thought - men :roll:
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

Gel

#5 Post by Gel »

that's great news. Congrats and speedy closures!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

mtbrncofn

#6 Post by mtbrncofn »

Double powerchains and elastics?! Man oh man, do I feel sorry for you! I hope you have some heavy duty pain medication. ;)

I have both too, but this is my second month in the doubles, so it wasn't as bad as the first time. I also only have one elastic to help correct a midline problem.

Good luck!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

kirst1583

#7 Post by kirst1583 »

cookie wrote: I called my husband to tell him I'll be getting my braces off in about 6 months, and instead of being excited for me, he pointed out that means I have to pay the treatment off sooner than I thought - men :roll:
LMAO - go figure hey... they've always gotta find the negatives!
My braces were paid off a long time ago (i think over a year ago now) so at least I don't have to worry about that side of things.

I feel like heaps has moved since yesterday, so at least it's worth the pain.