Help! Archwire popped out of bracket. (Updated: Fixed it!)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fozzy

Help! Archwire popped out of bracket. (Updated: Fixed it!)

#1 Post by fozzy »

My archwire just popped out of my 7th molar bracket. My ortho didn't put any ligs on my 7th molars, so I guess it wasn't held in there very well. I've tried to put it back in, but I'm just making a mess of my cheek.
I left a message at my ortho's office, but they aren't back in the office until Tuesday.
Any ideas on what I should do? I can't get it back into the bracket. Should I try to clip the wire just behind my 6th molar? I'm guessing that since there wasn't a lig on my 7th molar, that those teeth aren't moving yet anyway. So it might not be a big deal if the archwire isn't put into the bracket.
But would my ortho be upset if I clipped it? If I go in and see him on Tuesday, wouldn't that mean that he will need to put in a whole new wire?
Any ideas would be much appreciated! :)

Update
I managed to pop the wire back in with a pair of tweezers. Yay! :D

starzin

My archwire popped out too

#2 Post by starzin »

Thanks for the "tweezer tip" . I'm going to try that!!!
:D