Strange Dream

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Strange Dream

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

I had my first strange teeth dream last night. I think I had one before that, but it wasn't wierd and I've forgotten it.

Anyway, in my dream I felt a wire in my mouth poking me. I look in the mirror and my bottom teeth have no brackets on at all, just the archwire. The wire is all bent and twisted. I said something like, I think I ate something I shouldn't have. Next thing I know the wire is not only twisted but one end of the wire is hanging out of my mouth. I then made some comment like, I hate to call the after hours pager, but I think this qualifies.

Funny thing is, my bottom teeth haven't been bracketed yet.

them crazy dreams

- Missing Tooth -

ingyandbert

#2 Post by ingyandbert »

Lucy, I'm like you. I usually remember my dreams and sometimes they're so involved that I'm exhausted in the morning!

oklanole

#3 Post by oklanole »

The night before I got braced I had a nightmare. I dreamed that the dentist pulled four teeth without anesthesia. :shock:

snowbunny

#4 Post by snowbunny »

I always used to regularly have a dream about my teeth falling out. I suppose it's because I'm always scrutinising my teeth in the mirror and wishing they were straight! Haven't had the dream for a while now.
I'm sure dreaming about teeth means something but sorry, can't recall what exactly.
Upper metals on 10th Feb 2006
Estimated treatment time 9-12 months

lesdents

#5 Post by lesdents »

I've totally had the dream with the teeth falling out! Just last week, actually. I was meeting Matt Leinart, our dreamy quarterback, and when I smiled to say hello, some of my top teeth were loose, sort of falling out, and only being held up because of the archwire, but totally falling out! \

AHHH!

snowbunny

#6 Post by snowbunny »

Ha ha! Everytime my boyfriend stops the night he turns the pillow over cos he thinks my cat has been kipping on it and he doesn't like sharing the pillow with her!
Upper metals on 10th Feb 2006
Estimated treatment time 9-12 months

Jesslzz 01

#7 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

I had THE dream!

I never thought I would be dreaming one of those dental nightmares but...yes, I did!

I dreamt that all my upper brackets broke at the same time! And that I was looking at the mirror and all the brackets were hanging from the archwire and I couldn't even speak... What an awful feeling!

I don't know if reading other people's nightmares is affecting me, or maybe is because of all the time I keep looking at the mirror :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

Leslie022

#8 Post by Leslie022 »

Haha, our brain is a crazy and mysterious organ!

I've had a few dreams about my braces but I can never remember them long enough to write about them. Go figure.

Sleep and Dream well!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

jcdamon3

#9 Post by jcdamon3 »

Okay - here is a good one. I had this one last night. Maybe you dream interpreters can figure this one out. I dreamt that I went in for my adjustment and instead of three chairs in the middle of the room, there were at least 30 chairs all lined up around the walls and there was someone sitting in every single one of them. There was no room between the chairs they were so close together. Suddnely, I realized that I came to my appointment on Tuesday (today) instead of Wednesday (tomorrow). I said, "do you think you can take me today anyway?" They wanted to accomodate me so they let me wait until someone left a chair. The dream ended after that. I didn't get to experience my adjustment in that wacky setting.

Leslie022

#10 Post by Leslie022 »

I've had a few dreams about my braces but I can never remember them long enough to write about them. Go figure.
Go figure the day I say I never remember my dreams, I actually remember one! I dreamed that the space between my teeth was almost completely closed and then I realized that I had another huge gap on the other side of my teeth. Then I was awoken with the nice scent of coffee!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

katmc_tx

#11 Post by katmc_tx »

Well the first night after getting my braces I also had a weird dream. I was eating peanuts of all things and it made my all of my top brackets come off at the sametime. It was really strange. Then my bottom braces were really bothering me (still dreaming) and I called my ortho and told her I changed my mind about having braces. I wanted to come in now and have the bottoms removed. I woke up thing hmmmm that sound like a pretty good idea because I was already thinking the samething. Strange :!:
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!