First adjustment!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

krennen

First adjustment!

#1 Post by krennen »

I had my first adjustment today. Went well--they just changed the wire on the top. :( I thought they would change both. We did take pictures( at home) on day one and just today and after comparingthe two sets there has been a very little bit of movement! Patience is not one of my virtues!

The best part was getting the bottom wire clipped shorter. I didnt't realize how much it stuck out and poked me!! Now maybe I won't need any wax!!!
I did have questions for my Ortho and a little disappointed that talking doesn't seem to be his strong suit. :( I guess I expected a little more dialog of how my treatment will progress and what "stuff" will be used to correct my extraction holes etc in the months to come.
I think what I learn is going to come mainly from this website!! Thanks again for having this forum for all of us adults!

Gel

#2 Post by Gel »

your first adjustment sounds pretty routine. yeah for first adjustments. Happy movment in the future!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

I'm sorry you're disappointed with your first adjustment. :( Honestly your pretty lucky that you got your top wire changed! :) I probably waited for about 4 adjustments before getting a new top wire! :shock: I only got my ligs changed for a long time! :? I still haven't gotten a new wire for the bottom since November! :shock:

My ortho doesn't communicate well at all either! Most of the time he just checks my mouth and thinks of me more as a smile in progress not a human being! :( And if he says anything I don't understand it anyways! :roll:

Good luck with your progress!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

I haven't had a wired changed in the last two adjustments, which is about 3 months. I have my next adjustment next week and I think I will be getting maybe a new wire on top and bottom. I have had about 5 adjustments so far. Adjustment 1 - new wire on top - Adjustement two - new wire on bottom, Adjustment 3, new wire on top (I have a square wire on top now). The last two adjustments - nada- just fixing the wire tie on my lower tooth to get it to rotate so they could put a bracket on.

Great thing is... it will all work out in the end!