A weird bad habit!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brandee987

A weird bad habit!

#1 Post by brandee987 »

Oh man I am going crazy! I have developed a bad habit! Do you know when your teeth feel kinda loose and when you bite down on them they sorta pop?!? Anyway my 2 teeth behind my upper right canine are loose and I keep biting down to feel the 'pop' or i will push my tongue against them.. Its the weirdest feeling... I have got to stop!! Anyone else with this habit??
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

LizzyG

#2 Post by LizzyG »

I've only just had my braces on and have noticed that one of my teeth makes that popping sound (very slightly), and yes, I keep pressing it to make it pop too, its a bit sick really LOL!

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

I know what you mean. This past weekend I ate a sandwich on very crusty bread that I had to really work to bite through. It loosened my bottom front teeth some. Ever since then, I've been pushing on them with my tongue just to check.

Leslie022

#4 Post by Leslie022 »

Hehe :crazy: I do the same thing. It's great!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi,

Oh my gosh. I kept doing the strange stuff with my tongue until my gap in my front teeth got to the point where my tongue was getting STUCK! That hurt alot. I stopped doing that after it happened quite a few times. Now I notice mostly my tongue can't leave my molar band alone. I am glad I only have one molar band or my tongue would have way too much to do!

Braces must cause obsessive compulsive behavior! :lol:

Leslie022

#6 Post by Leslie022 »

jcdamon3 wrote:Oh my gosh. I kept doing the strange stuff with my tongue until my gap in my front teeth got to the point where my tongue was getting STUCK!
jcdamon3, that's how I can tell that my gap is closing. My teeth slowly are getting tighter around my tongue! I love it!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Echo

#7 Post by Echo »

Yep! Do it all the time!
[/url]

adollface

#8 Post by adollface »

Yup, my top front teeth pop and I am always pushing on them to get them to pop. And ever since I got rubber bands I find myself playing with them. Kind of embarrassing when you are doing it in public and you don't even realize you are doing it!!

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-16-04

Marzipan

#9 Post by Marzipan »

Sometimes I bite down very gently to feel the sponginess in some of my back and side teeth. It's a weird feeling and, yes, I can't always stop myself from doing it.

My tongue is busy in constantly checking out the annoying cleats on the inner sides of the molar bands. At least this keeps it from messing around in the gaps!

dena

#10 Post by dena »

i do that all the time...it feels good to pop your teeth--sort of like cracking your knuckles (which i also do!)

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months