Adjustment Update!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cissa

Adjustment Update!

#1 Post by Cissa »

I originally had a spring on my first and third tooth on the left bottom arch to push out some room for my second tooth to come forward. When I went yesterday they removed the spring and put an even longer spring on-double the size! Ouch! It's popping out really far and I've already recruited the wax to help with the coil digging into my lip. This is now my 4th try with a spring, but the first time he put in a longer one to make the gap bigger. Hopefully this time is the charm!

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I was in a spring for quite some time so the ortho could fit a bracket on the number 1 (?) tooth? They are really a pain but they work pretty well. I had mine on for a few months and now I have a temporary bracket with a wire tie on. My next adjustment I think they will put a normal bracket on and reposition it. Good luck with your spring! What hurt more than the spring was this clamp he put on the archwire to keep the arch stationary. That thing had really sharp edges! I assume because they have to clamp it down with pliers. :-}