I broke my spacers

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wearetheborg

I broke my spacers

#1 Post by wearetheborg »

I broke all of my plastic spacers they put in last week.
YEAHHHH WHOS YOUR DADDY NOW ??? :-+

Unfortunately teeth are so tight that they could not put in the bands, so they put in another set of spacers.
Teeth have been quite sensitive to pressure since last week. Chewing is painful!!!!

joygoss

#2 Post by joygoss »

How long do you have to wear them? They are a pain in the behind, I know, and I still have pain after being in them since Feb. 9th. We just have to keep telling ourselves it will be worth it in the end. It's funny, cause my only goal right now is getting these things out of my teeth!

Back to the point - are you biting them at night? If that's the case, go to a pharmacy and get a cheap moldable bite guard to sleep in.

Good luck!

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

Just keep in mind that the spacers are the worst part of the whole process!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

wearetheborg

#4 Post by wearetheborg »

I dont know if I'm biting them at night. It hurts (really bad) only when I'm eating.
Yesterday night I found out I had broken another spacer :roll:
I'm trying to contact the ortho to see if he'll put in another one quickly instead of waiting for a week then saying "oh we cannot put the bands in, u need spacers for another week"

The handout that the ortho gave me said "the spacers might cause a small amount of discomfort" :roll:
If this is small, I wonder what they consider a significant amount of discomfort!!!