Sapphire Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DiFan11

Sapphire Braces

#1 Post by DiFan11 »

I was wondering if anyone has actually gotten these braces, and if you have pics. From what i've seen, they appear to be much better looking than ceramic, so i'd like to know if these are good enough as braces. Do you know if they function just as well as metal braces? Anything you know would be helpful.

Lucifina

#2 Post by Lucifina »

My ortho told me I have Sapphire but the assistant told me that they are just like ceramics. I have pics on my site. I personally was hoping for a full metal jacket myself because I like the look but they automatically give adults the Sapphires for vanity reasons...its ok though I just got black ligs :D
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

calley03

#3 Post by calley03 »

I have Ice ceramic brackets, which I really like and have not noticed the size like some people do. Hope this info helps. Kelly
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

Lucifina

#4 Post by Lucifina »

The assistant specifically said I had Sapphire. She said that was all they used was Sapphire or metal but then again she is only and assistant, although she has been there for years...but even still she may have no idea what she is talking about. :? I am just still mad that they are not metal. So sapphire or ceramic they still look like you are "trying to hide" the fact that you have braces :roll: I think I will ask my ortho next time I go in what kind I have. He will know...it is just when I see him, he is in my mouth so I can't talk to him and then he is gone and only the assistant is left to answer my questions. :wink:
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

Betty Bat

#5 Post by Betty Bat »

My uppers are sapphire also. I've never asked about it, but on the ortho's web site, it says he uses "Crystal sapphire brackets". But, we all know how accurate web sites can be!

Luci, I'm in Illinois also. Wonder if we have the same ortho.