Itchy inner ear when brushing?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chris

#1 Post by Chris »

Not when I brush my teeth but when it rains my ear itches all the time.
:jokerlaugh:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Lin

#2 Post by Lin »

Hmm, do you have TMJ? I don't have that problem, but it seems to me that, if you do have TMJ, opening your jaw to brush your teeth might affect sinus pressure and thus the pressure in your inner ear, causing the itching. But I could be quite wrong, that's just a completely wild guess.

The top of this webpage is kind of interesting:
http://www.triggerpointbook.com/examples.htm
-- Lin | Braced on 1/31/06 | 5 extractions + Canine Exposed 4/19/06

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

Lin, you're right on with the TMJ. I get so much popping, odd sounds, and itching in one of my ears.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

CelestialVoices

#4 Post by CelestialVoices »

Lucy lol, you aren't a freak...that happens to me a lot when I use my Sonicare. :)

Chr1ssy711

#5 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

i dont know if this is related or not but....when i was a child and my mom would clean my ears with a q-tip (cotton swab) my throat would itch and i would gag.....maybe the same effect but backwards...lol

just thought i would share.
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

Way Too Old For This

#6 Post by Way Too Old For This »

There is a nerve that runs from the jawline to the ear. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled my ears hurt terribly. So maybe you are 'tickling' that nerve.

My ears itch uncontrollably and hurt when I get a sore throat.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.