Tenderness

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Tenderness

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

I've had my braces for a few weeks now. As most of you know, they can ache and your teeth be a bit tender at first. However, that tenderness feeling passed in a week or so. Now I have this one tooth that very tender, it hurts to touch the tooth from the outside of my mouth.

Anyone experience this? I'm wondering if it's be cause my bite is changing. One thing I've noticed since getting braces is my teeth have moved and they now only meet in the front. The back don't meet at all. I'm wondering if this could possibly be causing that tooth to ache up front?

- Missing Tooth -

chinadoll

Tender Teeth

#2 Post by chinadoll »

Hi missing_tooth,

After the general aches you usually get after just getting braces, I experienced isolated tenderness on single teeth throughout my first month. It wasn't that bad, but every once in a while one tooth would start aching for apparently no reason. It sometimes lasted a couple of days but would then go away.

I think the tenderness just means that your teeth are moving in some way. I think it's a good sign! :) Maybe if it lasted a long time on just one tooth, it might be a cause for some concern, but I'd give it a chance to go away on its own.
Class II Malocclusion (Anterior Open Bite & Mild Crowding)
6 ceramic uppers, the rest metal

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

I often feel some kind of tenderness or something in one tooth or another for either a day or so when I either brush me teeth, touch it or apply some kind of pressure to it...A few days ago, one of my tooth was a bit tender and today it's another tooth...

I am going for my 2nd adjustment in 2 weeks so I will ask but I am pretty sure that this is normal...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

I've been braced for almost a month and I'm on tender tooth #3. There always seems to be one that stands out but then it resolves and another tooth becomes sensitive. I take it as a good sign that things are changing.

missing_tooth

#5 Post by missing_tooth »

Things are definately changing. That is for certain. I've been meaning to take some pics but never got around to it. I can tell by looking though.

- Missing Tooth -

missing_tooth

#6 Post by missing_tooth »

Just noticed I've been braces for a month today! Didn't even notice. Guess time is starting to fly by.

- Missing Tooth -