flossing

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

michael33

flossing

#1 Post by michael33 »

I have been in braces for about a year now, & I have to admit it, I have become an absolute pro at flossing with braces. All I need is a little curve in the end of the floss and I can thread it right in there no problem. It's almost second nature to me & all I need is about 5-6 minutes for a good cleaning. Any one else feel this way, I remember the first time I tried to floss..I actually cried like a baby!

ingyandbert

#2 Post by ingyandbert »

That's funny! The first few times, it just seemed to take a lot longer. But now I wiz through it pretty quickly.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

same here. I use regular floss as well.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

I find that too! When I first tried to floss it was awful but now it takes me 2-3 minutes tops

Good stuff!
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

braceface1230

#5 Post by braceface1230 »

Yup, Superfloss is a lifesaver! I go faster than at first, but I don't rush it. But, in the last two days I've had some bad irritation between my first and second molar. It's a little enflamed and it bleeds a little when I floss. Which is really getting me upset, because I brush and floss very regularly.

I heard to keep up with regular cleaning in an area that gets that way, to get whatever is in there out, but it's not really doing any good yet. Bugger!!

Marzipan

#6 Post by Marzipan »

No longer do I need threaders or special floss (with the stiff end). Regular floss slips in there quite nicely. As teeth move, some of the spaces become more difficult to floss as the gaps go away. But overall it's quite simple now.

At first - oy, what a headache!

Just goes to show we can get used to nearly anything. :D

PnkPrincess024

#7 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

before i got braces i never flossed even when my dentist told me to. once i got the braces and she was cleaning my teeth she was telling me about how bad my gums have become and could have gingivitas and blah blah blah (after 4 months i went back and she said i have completely reversed the bad gums yay!!!). so she taught me how to use it with a thread and for me its still kinda hard doing the bottom ones but i am able to do in at least 5 min.

the GREAT thing about flossing now is that by each day i can tell if my teeth have moved because one day theres a gap, then the next i see that my teeth have come together and i have to try to get the floss in!!!