Getting Braces on Feb. 22! Tomorrow!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brace_face142005

Getting Braces on Feb. 22! Tomorrow!

#1 Post by brace_face142005 »

Hello everyone!- Im getting braces tomorrow, and Im a bit on the nervous side! I would like some help on what I should do Im not quite all that sure on the prep. needed for this big event!:oops: If anyone has any info on the pain, the feeling or any tips on the Preperation needed please do share it! I will need as much help as possible! Thanks!!

BraceFace12

#2 Post by BraceFace12 »

Hey! Well, first off Good Luck. I don't know you very well, but I can tell you first thing I regretted doing it. I cried for three days to have my mom take me back and have them take them off. So I was a little overdramatic. Its not really that bad. The one thing to remember that is hard to believe is that you will get used to them and probably end of being very happy you had them. I know reaching even a year seems far from now, but believe me time will fly.
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

brace_face142005

Relpy

#3 Post by brace_face142005 »

Thanks! That helped alot!! Im really nervous! I will assure you that I wont do that though!! Im half excited by the same token though!!

Dark_angel

#4 Post by Dark_angel »

Make the most of running your tounge round the front of your teeth, you wont feel anything smooth there for a while. I miss that smoothness. Also give your teeth a good brush, it'll be easy the easiest it will be for a ling time.

Yes its scary being braces but you'll get used to it and no matter how many doubts you have remember you will have the teeth you have always wanted. Try and get colour ligs too, i love getting bright colours on mine, right now its hot pink.

Good luck

brendaj

#5 Post by brendaj »

Best of luck to you tomorrow. I am also getting my braces tomorrow, ceramics top and bottom. I'm so scared but more of how I will deal with having these things on my teeth for 18-24 months than about the actual procedure tomorrow. I've been wanting to do something about my teeth problems for so many years but now that it's down to the last few hours, I'm very nervous. It's been a real comfort to read the messages left on this site and to understand that many others have gone through the same apprehension.
CLAMom

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

Good luck for tomorrow!!! You will be fine.

As far as pain goes, it depends...I never felt any pain...pressure, tenderness, and sensitivity yes...but never any real pain.

Expect the first few days to be a bit weird as you get used to the braces...but you will be fine :)

Let us know how it went!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

brace_face142005

#7 Post by brace_face142005 »

Thank you all so much! This really helped!!

HeadgearJoe

Re: Getting Braces on Feb. 22! Tomorrow!

#8 Post by HeadgearJoe »

brace_face142005 wrote:Hello everyone!- Im getting braces tomorrow, and Im a bit on the nervous side! I would like some help on what I should do Im not quite all that sure on the prep. needed for this big event!:oops: If anyone has any info on the pain, the feeling or any tips on the Preperation needed please do share it! I will need as much help as possible! Thanks!!
good morning, congrats on getting your braces good luck today
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Leslie022

#9 Post by Leslie022 »

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!! :D
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

LoobyLou

#10 Post by LoobyLou »

How did it go??? :lol:
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

brace_face142005

#11 Post by brace_face142005 »

Hey everyone! I got them this morning!Im in not much pain, but I feel the tenderness on its way! I went with metals! I got Hot pink bands! They are great! Thanks for all your support!!!!!

CLAmom

#12 Post by CLAmom »

Got mine done today, too. Ceramic top & bottom with silver ligs. It was uncomfortable but not nearly as bad as I had thought. I don't like the molar bands scratching my tongue so have put wax back there already. Lots of Advil, too. I'm dreading how I'll feel tomorrow but it's all just part of the process, right? :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

missing_tooth

#13 Post by missing_tooth »

Congrads!

This should be a walk in the park. Just brush and floss real well before going. Buy some over the counter pain meds, and you'll be fine. Like others say plenty of chapstick, carmex, or whatever. Also, you'll know if you need wax.

- Missing Tooth -

CLAmom

#14 Post by CLAmom »

I was wondering how you are feeling now. We got our braces on at the same time and I have such soreness on my tongue from the upper molar bands. Is this bothering you too? Everything else is fine, in fact I think the braces look kind of pretty and are not too uncomfortable. I just can't quite accept this awful rough metal scratching that is from the bracket used to attach a TPA. I don't have a TPA so this metal piece sticks out & it's sharp against my tongue. I use wax in this area only every day and do several salt water rinses a day. It's day 4 and I was hoping that area would feel better by now. :cry:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

brace_face142005

#15 Post by brace_face142005 »

Im feeling great! its day 6 kind of! Im so sorry you arent okay! I hope you do better, Try wax it helped me now i dont need it anymore!!