Ortho Surprises!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Billie

Ortho Surprises!!!!

#1 Post by Billie »

Hi to all!!

I got my braces May 2005, I have open bite, narrow upper jaw and overgrown lower jaw.

At my consultation in april 2005 my ortho told me that I would have the braces from 12-14months. he also informed me that my top teeth would protrude forward because of narrowness and the lower would protrude even more(worse before better), what I don't understand is that I went to see him Tuesday for the new models to determine my surgery date,I found out that my top teeth are protruding forward(like he said they would) and they are not supposed to do that he said(confused? I am)------ didn't he tell me a year ago in april 2005 that would happen? now i am set back another 3-4 months for surgery because he had to rotate the top wire outwards to bring the top teeth straight up and down. why didn't he do that earlier to the top wire if he already knew this would happen?Now I'm set back more.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Billie
Be Blessed

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi Billie,

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble. I don't have your specific problem (It sounds complicated) but can understand when you feel like things are being delayed! I see alot of posts about folks being upset with delays so you are surely not alone. I only know a few people who actually *like* being in braces. It is a fascinating process but at the same time you feel like, okay let's get it over with!

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

Billie:

I understand your frustration! Your ortho tells you one thing at your consultation, and then when treatment begins, it all turns out differently. That makes a person feel like they can't trust what they're told!
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

Billie

#4 Post by Billie »

Hi thanks for all the feedback!!

Your right, it is complicated but it is even more complicated with 3 children under 4, but the good thing is, this whole process(braces&surgery)teaches us that we can not be in total control of our circumstances all the time, something I'm still learning at 35. Thanks for letting me vent that day(bad day)
Billie
Be Blessed