Different Sized Wires

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PnkPrincess024

Different Sized Wires

#1 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

Why does the ortho change the size of the wires from thinner to thicker...does that mean ur teeth are moving and you need a stronger one or what???

BraceUrself

#2 Post by BraceUrself »

Getting thicker or larger wires is GOOD news! You have made progress & are moving to a new stage of your teeth movement! Congrats!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

PnkPrincess024

#3 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

i just got my first adjustment on my bottom teeth and he went from this thin wire to a little thicker one...you know the kind he gives you when you first get your uppers on. so far ive had my uppers since sept 2005 and lowers since late january 2006. my ortho has kept me on the same wire for my top teeth for 3 months in a row now but its the really thick kind, so does that mean they arnt moving???

PnkPrincess024

#4 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

now im wondering what phase im at...i guess phase one because ive only had one adjustment on bottom and five on top.

Nikkiekoala

#5 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Wow that is a great site! I am in the final phase of phase one. At my next adjustment they are going to start leveling. That will include elastics.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

PnkPrincess024

#6 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

how do you know what stage you are on??? and what part of the stage you are on???

PnkPrincess024

#7 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

how do you know what stage you are on??? and what part of the stage you are on???

Nikkiekoala

#8 Post by Nikkiekoala »

My Ortho told me at my last adjustment. He said that the wires he put in will finish up getting all my teeth aligned and that next time I come in he will start leveling and will need to start using elastics. I will also have my wire changed again. Just ask your ortho he will tell you.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite

PnkPrincess024

#9 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

when they mean aligned, does it mean that all the gaps are closed

Nikkiekoala

#10 Post by Nikkiekoala »

According to the site that KK gave not necessarily. I have one gap still but my ortho doesn't plan on closing it until later.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite

PnkPrincess024

#11 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

i read that site adn it was kinda confusing. could someone put it in simpler terms what each phase is please???

Attagirl2

#12 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi, maybe this site will help you....

http://www.unc.edu/depts/appl_sci/ortho ... t/one.html
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers