Making Fun of Me!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leslie022

Making Fun of Me!!!

#1 Post by Leslie022 »

I was talking to my older brother on the phone the other day and he was making fun of me saying I had a "grill." :lol: Of course I knew it was out of love because he has teeth issues himself. He's had baby teeth in his mouth for nearly 32 years! :!: He's trying to work with the NAVY to get implants. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you have had family tease or make fun of you. If yes, was it out of love or were they just being mean?
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

My family hasn't seen me with braces yet. I'm in university 7 hours away from home but this summer I am going home and I'm pretty sure my brother will be making fun of me. Probably to get me mad as well.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

My Mom teased me a couple of times. I can't remember what she called me. Braceface or MetalMouth or something. I just ignored her.

Samantha08

#4 Post by Samantha08 »

My little sister (age 13) made fun of me when I first got them one, but she has them too, lol! She was joking about my bottom teeth because when I first got my braces on, my brackets looks like an accordian! They were just up and down and up and down. She was like "OH MY GOSH!!" But she was just kidding around :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

mytch

#5 Post by mytch »

I actually turned it around and started teasing my sister. She's 22 (11 months younger than me) and needs orthodontic work and because I got braces she's going through all of the things necessary to get them herself now, because she sees they aren't that big a deal to me :lol:

chrisd

#6 Post by chrisd »

my wife teasingly calls me brace face, which is ok i just call her four-eyes.
both out of love
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

ingyandbert

#7 Post by ingyandbert »

My brother will surely have something to say when he sees me, which won't be for quite a while longer since we live in different areas of the country. But whatever he says, the joke will be on him because he needs braces 10 times worse than I did but he refuses to get them. In about 22 months, I'll be walking around with a perfect smile of beautiful straight teeth and his will still be very crooked and crowded. I wonder if he'll change his mind then...

Joanna20

#8 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi! My sister makes fun of me all the time. I don't have braces yet but she calls me "buck toothed girl" and she was actually the person who encouraged me to get braces.
Good luck
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Jesslzz 01

#9 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Yes, my brother teased me a lot about my braces even before I had them on. Then he told me later that he had a hidden tooth behind another one!!! I have never noticed that! Of course he should wear braces too, or perhaps having an extraction. And he was laughing at my gaps! I love him a lot, though.

My mom and sister also teased me quite a bit, but they got used by now. My brother hasn't seen me on braces yet so I have to be ready for a thousand of jokes when I meet him :lol:

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

Chocoholic

#10 Post by Chocoholic »

Hehehehe this made me laugh, because have you heard that new song by Nelly - Grillz?

It's all about getting jewellery for your teeth with gold, diamonds etc. Great - braces are in fashion people!

Check out:

www.grillsbypaulwall.com

Man I'm so glad my braces don't cost this much!

Leslie022

#11 Post by Leslie022 »

Chocoholic wrote:Hehehehe this made me laugh, because have you heard that new song by Nelly - Grillz?

It's all about getting jewellery for your teeth with gold, diamonds etc. Great - braces are in fashion people!

Check out:

www.grillsbypaulwall.com

Man I'm so glad my braces don't cost this much!
Yes I have heard that song and <b>I HATE IT!!!</b> I actually had it in my head when I made the post. I've debated making a thread about how ridiculous I think they are but as of yet have decided against it. I might in the future, though!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

DizzyKitty

#12 Post by DizzyKitty »

Haha, my husband asked if the people who wear those grillz lisp like I do LOL U would think, right?
- Dizzy