how long til retainer??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

michael33

how long til retainer??

#1 Post by michael33 »

Once brackets come off & debanded, how much time in between de- braced & retainer going in?

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

I think it may depend on the kind of retainer you have.

My son had a clear one ( not sure what its called) they took the brackets off and did impressions in the morning and we had to come back in the afternoon to pick up the retainers.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

adollface

#3 Post by adollface »

I think it also depends on if your ortho has a lab in their office to make retainers themselves or if they have to send out the impressions to a lab.

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-16-04