PNL appointment already!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shelby014

PNL appointment already!!!

#1 Post by Shelby014 »

I am soo happy, i am already going in for my pnl app. and i've only have my braces for 5 months!! If you guys don't know what a pnl app. is it is where they take exrays and look at the position of your roots to see if they are all straight, and they might pop off some brackets and reposition them to better move my teeth. This is a very good thing, it means i'm making good progress!!! My teeth have changed so much in just 5 months, they are almost perfect now!

Has anyone else ever had a Pnl app. this early in treatment, or am i just special?
Thanks to everyone who replies
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

Betty Bat

#2 Post by Betty Bat »

When I went to the ortho this week, he said that he would take x-rays soon to check on the roots. He didn't call it the same thing, so it might be different. From what you describe, I hope it's the same thing! My braces went on in October.

Shelby014

#3 Post by Shelby014 »

yup, i would say that we're having the same thing done. Really excited isn't it? I mean it really makes you feel like you're making a lot of progress. :D
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

Yep. I was sent for panoramic xrays recently. Haven't been to the ortho yet though, so I won't know what she thinks of my roots until the 15th! :lol:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Shelby014

#5 Post by Shelby014 »

Omg alexa that would s uck i mean i would want to know right away because i'm NOT a patient person, but i suppose if i absolutely had to wait..... LoLz

I feel like i'm finally making some big progress, instead of the regular change the wire and ligs app, this will be totally different!!

I was just wondering what does your dentist do when you have an app to clean your teeth and you have braces? I haven't been back to my dentist since i got my braces but i have an app. the 27 or this month and my ortho app isnt until April 4. I was just wondering if they still clean your teeth(if thats even possible with all the metal i got goin on) or not.
Thanks all,
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

I've had two cleanings since getting braces. There are a couple of ways it can be done. One way is that you call your ortho and ask if you can just come in and have your wire removed right before the appt. at the dentist, and then after the dentist appt you go right back to the ortho and have the wire put on again. The other way is that you just go into the dentist as is, and they do their best to clean around it. It makes it a little more difficult this way, but it can be done. Since my ortho is in Berkeley and my dentist is in San Francisco and it's too difficult to coordinate getting the wire removed, I just go in as is and the hygenist works around it.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Shelby014

#7 Post by Shelby014 »

oic, hmmm.......i just wondered how they got around the wire, seemed impossible to me with that little roto thingy, but oh well. My dentist and ortho are way to far apart to do that, so i guess they'll just have to go around the wire. :(

I just hope that they can clean my teeth to make them a little whiter, because i think since i got braces my teeth got a lot yellower.:?

I might be able to talk to my ortho about it though, and we could figure out a way to take the wire out, then go back and get it put back on, or we could move my appointment up a little ways. I mean my PNL app. is April 4, and my dentist app is March 27, maybe they could find an opening for me, who knows.

Well thanks for sharing my enthusiasm, i mean progress is the best isn't it?! :D
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

BraceFace12

#8 Post by BraceFace12 »

I've never heard of a PNL appointment. Does every ortho do them?
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

Shelby014

#9 Post by Shelby014 »

ummm......i think so, maybe they just don't call them the same thing? :?:
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

kirst1583

#10 Post by kirst1583 »

BraceFace12 wrote:I've never heard of a PNL appointment. Does every ortho do them?
I've never heard mention of this with my ortho. The last x-ray I had was right before my braces were put on and I'm nearing the end of my treatment now.

Shelby014

#11 Post by Shelby014 »

ummm....then i guess not all orthos do those LoLz :P

My ortho said that they do them to see if the roots are all straight and to see if they need to reposistion any brackets to tweak the teeth. Maybe i'm just special and my treatment could be coming to an end, they said my treatment time would on be 10-13 or 14 months at the most, so my teeth might just be moving at lightening speed or something, i don't know(but i can hope right?) :D
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]