Debanding bottom teeth Wednesday

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chocoholic

Debanding bottom teeth Wednesday

#1 Post by Chocoholic »

:lol: Yay! Went for an appointment today and my ortho says the time has come to get my lower braces off - I was hoping he'd do the uppers first, but no such luck.

So he took and impression after covering the brackets with wax, so now he'll make my permanent retainer wire.

I can't wait, I'm so looking forward to getting these things off, just hope the uppers won't be too far behind.

:-*

bckydgardnr

#2 Post by bckydgardnr »

I'm jealous!! Congrats :-)o
How long have you had them on?

Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

Chocoholic

#3 Post by Chocoholic »

Not too long only about 10 months as my problem was overcrowding.

I don't know how people have them for years, it's driven me crazy, but the teeth look good now.

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

Any debanding is better than no debanding! Lucky you! I'm envious.

Evelyn

#5 Post by Evelyn »

WOOHOO!!!! Congratulations!!! You must be so excited, and you've earned it!

Let us know how it goes, and post pics when you get them off I want to see your lovely brace-less lowers!

~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

Amazing news! Congrats. You are very lucky! ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

hannah164

#7 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations Chocoholic! THat is frickin' wonderful news! YAY! :-)o :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana:

Hope to see some pictures of your lovely bottom teeth! :wink:

Wish I were so lucky! :)

~Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment: February 28, 2006 where they gave me a new bottom wire and attached my impacted canine, newly bracketed, to the wire! OUCH!

Lyn

#8 Post by Lyn »

AWESOME! :jump:

Let us know how it feels to be "naked"......not having to clean your grill everytime you eat something!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:thumbsup:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Chocoholic

#9 Post by Chocoholic »

Whooooohhhoooooo!!

Well peeps, the bottom braces are off and man it feels good and they look good too!

It wasn'y as bad an experience as I thought it would be. And the permanent retainer is great! Don't even notice it!

The tops come off on Monday - whhooohoooo again!