2nd adjustment :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Flora2006

2nd adjustment :)

#1 Post by Flora2006 »

So I had my 2nd adjustment today. I am so proud of myself because I actually asked questions!!

Nothing major happenned...I got my ligs changed and my ortho really tightened my canine that is in a crossbite position...It was a little bit painful because my teeth have really been sore these past few days/weeks so when he was applying pressure...it hurt!

I asked him about ceramics...he said they DO NOT take longer...it depends on the cases...he said that it might take longer when one gets extractions by 1-2 months but otherwise...it does not take longer.

I also asked him about this piece of bone that sticks out of my gum and he said not too worry...that it will come out on its own :shock: lol or that my dentist could remove it!! I'm going to bring this up with my dentist next month when I go for my check up because I don't really find the notion of a bone coming out of my gum too appealing! lol

He said that I am really good at not staining my ligs too much and that my cleaning is really good. That made me feel SO good :P :D :lol:

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Raspberry

#2 Post by Raspberry »

Good job Flora.... I always feel much better when I come back with all of my questions answered.
I'm glad that things are going well for you, and congrats on keeping you ligs relatively stain free... Mine are pretty yellowed from tea and spaghetty sauce yuk!

Flora2006

Re: 2nd adjustment :)

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Lucyloop wrote:Flora - I had a piece of bone poking down for a few months....I got so annoyed with it that the ortho just pulled it out! :D Hmmm, I can imagine you are not too thrilled with the prospect of just waiting and seeing if the pesky thing comes out on its own! :? I'd just ask someone to get rid of it if I were you!! :wink:

Good luck & Take care

LUCY xxx
Lucy, did that hurt??? Did they numb the area?? Did they have to put stitches or something? I'm scared but I think I will go with the option of having my dentist do something about it because it really is annoying me.

~~~~~~

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Lucyloop wrote: Hopefully they will get rid of it for you soon. I bet you keep feeling it with your tongue like I did!! :wink:

Good luck & Take care

LUCY xxx
lol I wish!! I can't reach it because of the braces (it's on my lip side)!! Thanks for the information :)

~~~~~~

lainey

staining

#5 Post by lainey »

I'm so jealous that you're keeping your ligs stain free! - do you have any tips to share on how to do it - is it just really good cleaning each night and if so how long do you clean for? Mine got noticeably stained after only 2 1/2 weeks and I had to live with them like that for the next 2 weeks. Now I've got nice bright new ones I want to keep them white.

Flora2006

Re: staining

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

lainey wrote:I'm so jealous that you're keeping your ligs stain free! - do you have any tips to share on how to do it - is it just really good cleaning each night and if so how long do you clean for? Mine got noticeably stained after only 2 1/2 weeks and I had to live with them like that for the next 2 weeks. Now I've got nice bright new ones I want to keep them white.
Lainey, my ligs do get stained but just a bit. They definitely don't stain much though. I brush my teeth after I eat everytime. I also drink a lot of water. I drink coffee with tons of milk so coffee doesn't reallly stain my ligs. Everythime I eat something with a strong color I keep drinking water...with food like lasagna I am really careful and constantly rinse my mouth while eating.

I also have light silver ligs and they seem to stain even less. :)

~~~~~~