Copper wire ligature?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

leeg

Copper wire ligature?

#1 Post by leeg »

Hi all. Yesterday one of my ligatures on one of my lower teeth braces popped off.
As i do not have an appointment for 4 weeks i decided to replace it using a soft copper wire which i have tied around the bracket just like a lig.

I am just wondering if anyone knows any reasons why i shouldnt do this, or if it is okay?

I dont personally see why it would be a problem.
Thanks.
Lee.

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Well I always tell people to call their ortho. But I can think of one issue: What if it turns your lip green? Sorry couldn't resist!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

weird_wired

#3 Post by weird_wired »

You should get a quick appointment for a new lig.

Orthos expect to have to replace ligs and brackets, they pop off regularly enough.

My wire tie just broke - I actually have an appointment tomorrow by happy coincidence - but if I hadn't I would schedule one.

If it's the weekend then wait until the working week, since this isn't a mega-emergency, but do get it fixed asap.

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

You should call your ortho and ask. Never hurts ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

littleshaddies

#5 Post by littleshaddies »

Copper is not a metal that you will like to have in your mouth.
Save yourself symptoms of food poisoning, I know is not big amount of metal but it is still poisoning.
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]