One more week til braces!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cleozar2007

One more week til braces!!

#1 Post by cleozar2007 »

Hi!!
I'll be getting my top braces in exactly one week. I had my records appt. in January, but had to wait until spring break in March to get them on, because of being away at school.

I have one question. The ortho said that they would be bonding all the brackets, which means no spacers and bands!! I was just wondering if a bracket could be directly bonded to a tooth that has a filling in it?
I've only had one cavity in my life. It won't really matter until I get my bottom braces on in May because the filling is in one of my molars on the bottom.

Thanks.

joygoss

#2 Post by joygoss »

I am getting my full set next Thursday also! yay for us! I also have only had one cavity! What coincidences! I can't answer any of your questions, but I had to point these out!

Good luck to us!!!!

Flora2006

Re: One more week til braces!!

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

cleozar2007 wrote:I have one question. The ortho said that they would be bonding all the brackets, which means no spacers and bands!! I was just wondering if a bracket could be directly bonded to a tooth that has a filling in it?
I've only had one cavity in my life. It won't really matter until I get my bottom braces on in May because the filling is in one of my molars on the bottom.Thanks.

Congrats to both of you for getting braces soon :)

As for yuor question, yes it is possible to get a bracket directly bonded onto a tooth with a filling. I have had no spacers or bands either...we're lucky ;)

Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Geri

#4 Post by Geri »

Hi cleozar2007 - good luck for next week!

It might not be a problem for you, but the cold weather really drys out my skin and the lip-spreader that they used to hold your mouth open during the braces fitting made my lower face all red and flakey in places :oops: :yikes: So, LOTS of moisturiser, unless you are blessed with good skin!

Geri
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

JoeMama

#5 Post by JoeMama »

My ortho put my brackets directly onto my fillings/filled teeth. She used some sort of special chemical on those teeth before bonding however. I didn't really ask more and everything seems fine now.

godawgs

#6 Post by godawgs »

do u all know what determines whether the ortho uses all brackets vs. spacers?

cleozar2007

#7 Post by cleozar2007 »

Thanks for answers. The ortho never mentioned anything about the filling so I didn't know if he even noticed it.
I can't wait until next week. After reading all the stuff on this site, I've become really excited about starting my treatment. :D
I'm still not sure if I'll start out with colored ligs or not. I'm thinking I'll just start with silver at first. After seeing all the pics with different lig colors, I'm anxious to try some out myself, like the 2 different shades of blue or green. Those looked really good.
I hope everything goes good for you too joygoss. That is really wierd with the coincidences between us! :o