Having trouble eating? LOOK

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leslie022

Having trouble eating? LOOK

#1 Post by Leslie022 »

I bought a juicer today! I've wanted one for years and since I have the braces, now, it has become a little harder for me to eat certain fruits and vegetables. <b>The juicer is great!</b> I got full off of one drink! Here is my first recipe:

Kiwi Delight
1 kiwi with skin
2 carrots
6 cubes of Pineapple

It is so yummy. If any of you are worried about getting your fruits and vegetables, buy a juicer! It's an easy and tasteful way of getting the good stuff your body needs!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

materialsgirl

#2 Post by materialsgirl »

That Kiwi Delight sounds deeeelicious!

What brand/model of juicer did you buy, if you don't mind me asking?

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

I opted for a blender for my drinks. I know what you mean about it being harder to eat now. It seems we have to redo our entire diet, doesn't it?
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

We have a commercial grade juicer. It's great! Hubby likes to make carrot juice and throw in a little celery or cucumber, or apple, or orange (whatever's in the fridge) in order to cut the bitterness. He recently made carrot-apple-celery and it was delicious! We use the baby carrots because they're easier to work with.

Super Soo

#5 Post by Super Soo »

I totally agree about how great they are! Had never even thought about using one before I got braces then during the first week of the 'liquid diet' started making blended bananas mixed with milk. I'm absolutely hooked on them now!!

Keep the recipes coming!

Sue
x x
Full metal uppers and lowers 28.02.06 at age 26

http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Leslie022

#6 Post by Leslie022 »

materialsgirl wrote:That Kiwi Delight sounds deeeelicious!

What brand/model of juicer did you buy, if you don't mind me asking?
The one I bought is by Hamilton Beach. It was only $29 and some change at Wal-mart. Here's the link!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top