Braces Pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceFace12

Braces Pics

#1 Post by BraceFace12 »

ok, I have been trying for weeks to get pictures of my braces on here and I can not get a picture with my digital camera. The problem is every pic I take comes out blurry. All my other pictures are perfectly clear, but my braces ones are blurry. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried changing the settings and flash, but they don't seem to help.
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

Greenidgurl

Your pics

#2 Post by Greenidgurl »

Hey there!

Are you using a tripod? Sometimes it's good to do that so you can be sure the camera is still. I do alot of pictures of myself with a tripod and the self timer on the cam. I don't know what kind of cam you have but if you have a macro setting that might be good also, depending on how close you are getting to the camera.
Cheers!

Dark_angel

#3 Post by Dark_angel »

It takes a little bit of playing around to get the photos good. Firstly the camera needs to be in a close up kind of mode (normaly represented by a little flower) and i personally think it works better without the flash. Stand infron of a mirror so you can see the LCD screen and the most improtant thing is not to breathe on the lense as condensation forms. Try and not get too close about 20 cm away and then the image can be cropped.

Thats an example of a bad photo i took and i guess yours are turning out something like that. Hold the camera further away with less zoom. Im rambling.

BraceFace12

#4 Post by BraceFace12 »

Ok thanx so much.Yah those are how mine are turning out. I will work on getting better ones later with all your advice. Thanx again. [/img][/quote]
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

belmikry

#5 Post by belmikry »

if you have a flash, use it with the MACRO icon [the little flower symbol] on: this will really give you clear pictures.

Hope that helps! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

missing_tooth

#6 Post by missing_tooth »

I just use mirror to see the lcd display on the back of the camera. Works like charm.

- Missing Tooth -

KDangel18

#7 Post by KDangel18 »

Try taking a regular pic of u smiling then when u upload it to ur pc crop it so u get just a pic of ur teeth...hope that works for ya :-#)

Upper-Ceramic
Lower-Metal
Braced 2/22/06
Removed 5/23/07