Double Ligs on Brackets

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rmarris

Double Ligs on Brackets

#1 Post by rmarris »

I have not posted in a long time, I got my braces put on in November. i went to get and adjustment today just like normal. When I got home I realized that on all of my bottom teeth there is two ligs on each bracket, but just the regular one one each of the top brackets. Does anyone else have double ligs on there brackets?

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I don't but I do have a wire tie and a lig on my canine that is in a crossbite position, I guess to put more force?

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

kirst1583

#3 Post by kirst1583 »

I can't even remember back to the time when I had ligs. I don't think I had them for long.
I've had double powerchains though.

Shelby014

#4 Post by Shelby014 »

i alwayz have double ligs on all my brackets, well except the last 2 adjustments i've had bottom powerchains. I don't really think it matter whether there is 1 lig or 2 it probably just depends on the assistants preferance.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]