Braces are off!!! Retainer issues...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joeb1

Braces are off!!! Retainer issues...

#1 Post by joeb1 »

My braces came off this morning and my teeth feel and look great. I forgot what it was like to eat and not have half the meal stuck between my teeth.

I opted for the fixed (perm) wire retainer and its really bothering me. IThe wire area feels rough and my tounge keep rubbing against it causing my tounge to get raw on the end. Is this normal?

IndyBraceFace

#2 Post by IndyBraceFace »

I have spoken with several people that have gotten their braces off and they all warned me that would happen. They said it goes away and you get used to it.

rockexrolloh

#3 Post by rockexrolloh »

hey IndyBraceface, what color ligatures do you have on your top braces?

Sillygirl

Re: Braces are off!!! Retainer issues...

#4 Post by Sillygirl »

joeb1 wrote:The wire area feels rough and my tounge keep rubbing against it causing my tounge to get raw on the end. Is this normal?
I have an expander in (Quad Helix) and it feels like a paperclip is in my mouth. My tongue was horribly raw for several days. I rinsed with saltwater 5 times a day and my tongue felt better by day 5.
Sometimes, in the morning, my tongue is a little irritated, but usually after I eat breakfast it feels better.

Try the saltwater, hope it works!!

March 7, 2006 Quad-Helix Expander placed