Ok, they're on

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TigerJohn

Ok, they're on

#1 Post by TigerJohn »

So now they're on.

The actual process of putting them wasn't so bad. And they're not that noticeable. And while they felt weird and still do, it's about what I expected.

However, when I was driving away from the ortho, one of the braces popped off. So I drove back. As I walking in, another one came off. Then, as the ortho was gluing them back on, yet another one came off. After the fixed me up, I left. In the parking lot, another one came off.

So when I went back in, they redid all of them and every was fine after that.

Until this morning, when another one popped off. Now I have to go back.

Anyone else experience this?

I'm in some pain and and am finding eating and brushing challenging. Other than that, no so bad, I guess.

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

HI Tiger John - Congratulations on getting them on!

No, they shouldn't be popping off like that. It is possible for them to come off, but should be very hard to do. They should never just fall off. There was a posting a couple weeks ago where someone had the same problem. Maybe do a search for "brackets popping off" or something like that. See what they said. What a bummer!
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Congratulations on getting your braces.

I agree, brackets shouldn't be popping off that much. Once in a while its fine but for them to just pop off like that right after they were glued and not just one but a few...hopefully your ortho can give you an explanation for this.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jennandtonic

#4 Post by jennandtonic »

Congratulations on getting braces!

I can't say I've experienced brackets popping off, I don't think that should happen. :shock:

bracesrok

#5 Post by bracesrok »

Congradulations on getting braces!

Your mouth being sore and having a hard time brushing is normal (at least it was for everyone I've talked to).

I know somebody whose brackets kept coming off after she got them on, but after everything was fixed they haven't come off.

I had 2 come off once, but I was eating stuff I wasn't supposed to. :-9
braces are alright, but i still can't wait to get them off!