First Adjustment - holy progress!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sleater

First Adjustment - holy progress!

#1 Post by sleater »

I just posted an update on my first adjustment in the Our Braces Story section. My top teeth have moved so much in the first month, the pictures are really incouraging for anyone who's teeth are totally messed up like mine are. See the link below:

viewtopic.php?p=77979#77979

OneTime

#2 Post by OneTime »

What a great start on your journey. Glad your happy.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Way Too Old For This

#3 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Wow. That is a lot of movement! Your teeth are nicely shaped, I think you will have a beautiful smile !

Keep taking those pictures! Its amazing looking at them isn't it?
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

LoobyLou

#4 Post by LoobyLou »

Wow that's fantastic progress Sleater! Congratulations and I hope they continue to progress so quickly!
Ps Just curious - will you leave your braces on for your wedding or will your ortho take them off temporarily? If you leave them on you could match the ligs with your bridesmaid's dresses!

LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Joanna20

#5 Post by Joanna20 »

Wow! Awesome!
Good luck with the rest of the treatment.!
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

ItsGavinC

#6 Post by ItsGavinC »

Looks great, you're making wonderful progress!

alexa

#7 Post by alexa »

Wow! Your top teeth have moved a lot!

That's some great progress for one month. Very cool. :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

sleater

#8 Post by sleater »

I am keeping my braces on for the wedding. I would rather have straightish braced teeth then my naked crooked teeth. It would be too much work to have the braces taken off for one day. If I was to do that I wouldn't be doing it for myself (but for my family), It won't bother me to have them on. I am really proud to have my braces, it's something I have wanted to do for so long and I am really working hard to pay for them. My wedding party colours are Black, Red and Silver. When I first had the braces put on I had red and black ligs and they looked rad! So that's what I'm going to have on for the wedding.

x3trinity

#9 Post by x3trinity »

Hey Sleater! Your teeth look really good!! I am so happy for you. Can I ask a question..... what all did they do on your first adjustment? I have read everyone's stories about it, but what exactly do they do to your teeth when they adjust your braces???

Maybe this is a dumb question but I have gotten very anxious about getting my first adjustment, which will be on April 28. I hope my teeth move like yours did!!!

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

sleater

#10 Post by sleater »

My first adjustment was very uneventful and very fast! They simply took of the old ligs and the wire and then put on a new wire and new ligs. There was a bit of pressure during this that was uncomfortable. When they first took the wire off I felt like my teeth were going to fall out. Once the old wire was off I just wanted the new wire back on asap because it felt really wired without it. My teeth are really loose right now and the wire feels like it's the only thing supporting them. I have has some pain but nothing unbearable. I too was worried about the first adjustment because a lot of people have told me that it's the worse one to have but for me it was a piece of cake.

Flora2006

#11 Post by Flora2006 »

Glad to hear it was a piece of cake ;)

You are lucky you got your wire changed!! I can't wait to get a new wire...so I can feel like we are moving on in my treatment lol

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

mtbrncofn

#12 Post by mtbrncofn »

Wow! The others are right, that is incredible progress! Isn't that exciting?!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.