Biggest OVERBITE/OVERJET Ever

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

seeminglyshy

Biggest OVERBITE/OVERJET Ever

#1 Post by seeminglyshy »

All this talk about overbites and overjets prompted me to call my ortho.

I inquired about the size in millimeters and percentages of my overbite and which of them I actually had.

Their response, both!

Overjet: 10mm :shock:

Overbite: 100% :shock:

Holy Cow!! Guess I've got a long way to go :cry:
Braced: 9/23/05

Having 4 wisdom teeth extracted: 2/17/06 *ouchie*

Ceramic on top, metal below.

Duration: 2 years

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I don't even know what those are :? My dentist and ortho never mentioned anything like that to me...no overjet, underbite, overbite, etc...just one crossbite.

Is that a lot? As in 10mm protruding to the front or something?

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

momof2grlz

#3 Post by momof2grlz »

I'm right there with ya. 10 mm overjet and "almost" 100% overbite. I'm sure there's others out there with larger overjet. That's a record I don't really want to hold!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Dark_angel

#4 Post by Dark_angel »

I come very close to you with a 9mm overject although im sure it has probably been reduced a little and im not sure about my overbite, its not that bad. I'll try and post some pics later.

seeminglyshy

#5 Post by seeminglyshy »

Flora2006 wrote:I don't even know what those are :? My dentist and ortho never mentioned anything like that to me...no overjet, underbite, overbite, etc...just one crossbite.

Is that a lot? As in 10mm protruding to the front or something?
Yep Flora, its a LOT of protruding.

Funny thing is that most people dont realize that I have an overbite, which is weird beceause I can definitely see it.

seeminglyshy

#6 Post by seeminglyshy »

momof2grlz wrote:I'm right there with ya. 10 mm overjet and "almost" 100% overbite. I'm sure there's others out there with larger overjet. That's a record I don't really want to hold!

Chris
Hey Chris,

Guess I'm not alone. I agree, definitely not a title I like holding. Hopefully these braces do what they are supposed to - and quickly too!!

seeminglyshy

#7 Post by seeminglyshy »

Dark_angel wrote:I come very close to you with a 9mm overject although im sure it has probably been reduced a little and im not sure about my overbite, its not that bad. I'll try and post some pics later.
I look forward to seeing your pics darkangel.

I'm going to try to keep a running log so that I can track the progress.

Do you guys do the same?

naomi

#8 Post by naomi »

I guess I have the record here!!! I started out with an 11mm overjet but the last time the orthodontist measured it was down to just 4mm !!!:jump:
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono

ssfw

#9 Post by ssfw »

I was wondering how your orthodontist is reducing/correcting your overjet? I have an overjet and will be getting braces in a few months to reduce the overjet.

I have a crossbite which is currently being corrected with an expander.

Thanks.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

decisionmade

#10 Post by decisionmade »

my overjet and crossbite have both been resolved through Surgically assisted rapid palet expansion and the expander,,the change is Amazing!!..ssfw..I hope the expander works wonders for you too!
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

naomi

#11 Post by naomi »

ssfw wrote:I was wondering how your orthodontist is reducing/correcting your overjet? I have an overjet and will be getting braces in a few months to reduce the overjet.

Thanks.

ssfw
I had extractions and elastics.

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono

seeminglyshy

#12 Post by seeminglyshy »

naomi wrote:
ssfw wrote:I was wondering how your orthodontist is reducing/correcting your overjet? I have an overjet and will be getting braces in a few months to reduce the overjet.

Thanks.

ssfw
I had extractions and elastics.
Same here!

seeminglyshy

#13 Post by seeminglyshy »

naomi wrote:I guess I have the record here!!! I started out with an 11mm overjet but the last time the orthodontist measured it was down to just 4mm !!!:jump:
Naomi, how long did it take you to make the leap from 10mm to 4mm?

That is excellent!! Sooo encouraging!! :D

naomi

#14 Post by naomi »

seeminglyshy wrote:
naomi wrote:I guess I have the record here!!! I started out with an 11mm overjet but the last time the orthodontist measured it was down to just 4mm !!!:jump:

It took about a year and a half to get my overjet down to 4mm. However, I didn't have extractions done until over 6 months into treatment. If I'd had the extractions done at the beginning of my treatment my overjet may have been reduced even sooner.

Bono

naomi

#15 Post by naomi »

seeminglyshy wrote:

It took about a year and a half to get my overjet down to 4mm. However, I didn't have extractions done until over 6 months into treatment. If I'd had the extractions done at the beginning of my treatment my overjet may have been reduced even sooner.

Bono