Dr. Arnett California Surgeon

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

murrdock311

Dr. Arnett California Surgeon

#1 Post by murrdock311 »

I have TMJ pain and slight facial asymmetry. The right side of my face is 4mm longer than the left. My discrepancy isn't nearly as bad as some victims of asymmetry but it's still enough to notice and cause pain and discomfort in my bite and TMJ's. I am planning of having surgery sometime this year to correct the canted asymmetry by Dr. Arnett in Santa Barbara, CA. I hear he is one of the best in the business along with Dr. Wolford in Austin, TX. If anyone has had surgery to fix an asymmetry and also had TMJ issues, please respond with your insights. Also, if there is anyone who has had surgery performed by Dr. Arnett, I would love to hear about your experience and how you are post op.

Thanks, Ryan

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

I don't have any personal experience with Dr. Arnett, but I can point you to a blog that may help. Kelsie had surgery with Dr. Arnett last year so that may be able to help you out a bit. Good luck and welcome to AW.

http://orthognathicsx.blogspot.com/

melon001

Hi Ryan

#3 Post by melon001 »

Hi there Ryan
was just wondering, if your assymetry from birth, or did you have problems in later years (like after age 20)with Condylar Hyperplasia or growth problems in adulthood causing the assymetry?

Emaciated

#4 Post by Emaciated »

By the way Murrdock, Dr. Craig Woods at UCLA has devoted his career to TMJ if you're looking for people in SoCal to consult with. He has a private practice as well as working at the University depending on what your insurance will cover. PM me if you'd like his contact info.

eggraid101

#5 Post by eggraid101 »

If it's the Dr. Arnett I think it is, he is very well respected in the orthodontic community, and you can be assured that you are in good hands.
Russell Mullen, DDS MS
Leesburg, VA

Remember: your orthodontist knows your dental history and orthodontic condition best. I can guide you toward better orthodontic information than if you were left on your own and hopefully in doing so play a small part in your quest to achieve a beautiful, fully functional smile, but you should consider your orthodontist the best source of information.

http://www.mullenortho.com