Dr Gunson/Arnett - Where did you stay?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Christina28

Dr Gunson/Arnett - Where did you stay?

#1 Post by Christina28 »

Was wondering if anyone could share information on lodging in Santa Barbara, CA. Any info or suggestions would be great.

cvn

#2 Post by cvn »

I rented a suite for month (apparently it's cheaper than or 3 weeks...go figure) at I think it is called the best western encinas. It was like $2300 or so. You won't find any deals in sb - it's a high rent vacation spot.

Marisama

#3 Post by Marisama »

I'm interested in this as well. I'm going to have surgery with Dr. Gunson this year. Why are you getting orthognathic surgery?

ColoradoGirl

#4 Post by ColoradoGirl »

Yes, it's super expensive here! Especially over the summer months. I know the Fransiscan Inn is very charming, with a good location. Also, my husband and I stayed at the El Prado once and though it doesn't have bells and whistles, it's very clean and the staff is friendly; it's also only about 4 blocks from Drs. A&G's offices. There are three Best Westerns, one by the beach, which might be fairly economical. Also, this site has good recommendations for restaurants; I assume its hotel recs are good too:
http://www.santabarbara.com/lodging/

(Note: either Santa Barbara or Goleta is fine, though staying in Santa Barbara would be better if you'll have time to do any touristy things; some sites I've seen list recs for Solvang, but that's nearly an hour's drive, so you probably wouldn't want to stay there).

Christina28

Dr Gunson/Arnett - Santa Barbara lodging

#5 Post by Christina28 »

[quote="cvn"]I rented a suite for month (apparently it's cheaper than or 3 weeks...go figure) at I think it is called the best western encinas. It was like $2300 or so. You won't find any deals in sb - it's a high rent vacation spot.[/quote]

Absolutely, Santa Barbara is high rent. The $2300 sounds good for the month. If it is same place I called (Best Western Encina Lodge and Suites) they quoted me $238 a nite for the 2 bedroom suite. Did not know about asking for a montly rate. May I ask what month you went in?

cvn

Re: Dr Gunson/Arnett - Santa Barbara lodging

#6 Post by cvn »

Christina28 wrote:
cvn wrote:I rented a suite for month (apparently it's cheaper than or 3 weeks...go figure) at I think it is called the best western encinas. It was like $2300 or so. You won't find any deals in sb - it's a high rent vacation spot.
Absolutely, Santa Barbara is high rent. The $2300 sounds good for the month. If it is same place I called (Best Western Encina Lodge and Suites) they quoted me $238 a nite for the 2 bedroom suite. Did not know about asking for a montly rate. May I ask what month you went in?
My surgery is in April and yes, that's the place. We figured you can't really beat the price what with the housekeeping and laundry facilities and a kitchenette and Internet (can't live with that!). I'd have to double check with mom on the price, but it was comparable to renting a 1br for a month off craigslist, so we just went for it.

asmileconnectsus

#7 Post by asmileconnectsus »

Hey I would suggest looking into the Agave Inn. They have a suite with amazing views and a kitchen. The staff is amazing, and the price is awesome! They are located right on State Street. Make sure you request the room with two double beds, couch and kitchen. It is on the second floor, has views of the mountains, and it is the quietest room I've stayed in when visiting Santa Barbara (4+ times). It really made my recovery easier.

http://www.agaveinnsb.com/

asmileconnectsus

#8 Post by asmileconnectsus »

I forgot to mention they have complimentary breakfast, free wireless and cable, and was very clean! And the cost was $1,584.80 (included 12% tax) from Oct. 31- Nov 19

Christina28

Santa Barbara

#9 Post by Christina28 »

Thanks for info! Will check it out.