Xray fun

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cvn

Xray fun

#1 Post by cvn »

I saw my two week xrays yesterday and they are pretty gnarly, so of course I think everyone will enjoy them!

This is my third lefort and second bsso. Surgery was a bear because of many complications from previous surgeries that I'm not really comfortable going in to here, but whatever, surgeons are happy and hopefully this is the last one I have to ever do. Surgery done by Arnett and Gunson in Santa Barbara, CA. Can't say enough good things about them. If they can fix my mess than they can fix about anyone.

Cool things to see is that you can see where they took the punches for the bone graft out of my one cheek. The other cheek ended up having some problems with the bone and that ended up having to be grafted instead of being used for the graft. You can also see the graft material in the bsso fill. They also spackled the old waisting in my jaw from the previous surgeries, so that will be cool to lose that. The screw under my upper lip and the hook under my lower lip are for attaching bands and are seriously annoying. They'll be removed eventually. Yay for science!

Before:

After:

Noam

#2 Post by Noam »

This is my third lefort and second bsso.
Holy crap !!!
Surgery was a bear because of many complications from previous surgeries that I'm not really comfortable going in to here
You don't need to go into the problems of your previous surgeries, it is enough to take a brief look at your "before" image, they did a horrible job on you there, it almost look as if they made the operation without a plan.

You look good in the "after" pic though. You might also want to check for when they are going to film Terminator 4, they may need actors to play cyborgs.

OhioM

#3 Post by OhioM »

I can't make heads or tails of the x-rays, but YIKES! You've got a lot of metal in there. I mostly just wanted to comment and say that I feel for you going through this 3 times+. I would collapse in a puddle right in the office if they told me I needed a second surgery. You must be super strong!

Hope that you are "fixed" for good and can look forward to a healthy oral future now.
Recovering from Lefort 1 (5.5 mm impaction) with genio (6 mm) 1/20/10

asmileconnectsus

#4 Post by asmileconnectsus »

cvn you look so great now! I know exactly how that hook and screw feel and I promise you will feel like a whole new person once they are removed (although that part is a bit painful-awake with only topical numbing ointment...). Congrats on making it this far, and I'm glad Arnett and Gunson were able to get you finally where you need to be! They really are great! :)

Audra

#5 Post by Audra »

Wow cvn. Those are crazy x-rays.

I'm so happy that you got the best surgeons. I honestly don't know how you've gone through this so many times. Once was definitely enough for me!

cvn

#6 Post by cvn »

You know I don't really mind the screw other than I can feel the business end of it on the roof of my mouth, which is oogey. The hook though is really unpleasant. It hurts, is awkward, and has gouged a huge hole in my lower lip that I'm very grateful I cannot feel!

I'm happy my teeth are touching, but I'm very paranoid about it, always thinking I can feel my bite regressing. I guess I just expect it by now =/

In any case, I'm glad time is passing by as I'm ready to get back to normalcy!

ivertd90

Re: Xray fun

#7 Post by ivertd90 »

CVN, are you able to DM me? Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!