Dr. Arnett/Gunson appointment - casts of teeth?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ReoSity

Dr. Arnett/Gunson appointment - casts of teeth?

#1 Post by ReoSity »

I set up an appointment with Arnett and I was told I needed to bring in dental casts of my teeth which I was not expecting. I asked if worst case scenario I didn't have them what would happen and I was informed the appointment would probably be canceled. Anyone else who had a consultation with the doctors have to bring in dental casts? I just seemed strange to me, as if I'd have them lying around. I was told a dentist or ortho could make them for me so I guess I'll have to but I'm also curious if anyone had to the same before a consultation? And anyone know how much it costs?

asmileconnectsus

Re: Dr. Arnett/Gunson appointment - casts of teeth?

#2 Post by asmileconnectsus »

I had to have them. It is their protocol so they can do the best analysis when you go in for your consult. My otho did them for me.

I love my teeth

#3 Post by I love my teeth »

I had to have mine also-----my ortho made me a set for the surgeon as well. He didn't keep them, so now I own my very own set!
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

ReoSity

#4 Post by ReoSity »

I don't have an ortho, I had braces separately 4 years ago so what do you guys recommend I do since I have the appointment in about a month?

I love my teeth

#5 Post by I love my teeth »

I would call the office and ask them what their expectations are. I bet most of their patients are undergoing orthodontics and can easily get molds from their orthos.....I am quite sure the office can tell you what to do. good luck!
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

asmileconnectsus

#6 Post by asmileconnectsus »

I know that, on occasion, they have done models at their office for other reasons. Maybe you could ask to come in a day early to have them done there...or maybe your dentist can do them?

badbite

#7 Post by badbite »

The surgeon's office should be able to do them for you. Call and tell them about your situation so they can do the molds ahead of time.

My OS did dozens of them for me before my surgery (I had a really wierd bite that they have to keep shaving the molds down and making new ones to see how my jaws would fit the best).

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

cvn

#8 Post by cvn »

A random dentist did them for me. Just call around and you'll be able to find someone.

ReoSity

#9 Post by ReoSity »

Thanks for the replies guys
cvn wrote:A random dentist did them for me. Just call around and you'll be able to find someone.
Good to know, how much did it cost?

cvn

#10 Post by cvn »

ReoSity wrote:Thanks for the replies guys
cvn wrote:A random dentist did them for me. Just call around and you'll be able to find someone.
Good to know, how much did it cost?
It's been a while - I want to say like $60 plus the doctor's time? The guy was really nice about it once I explained what it was for.

ReoSity

#11 Post by ReoSity »

Did what you said cvn, called a local dentist and had them do it for me. Cost about 100 bucks but I'm glad I got that taken care of. Thanks everyone again for your input.