Has anyone here appealed the allowable amount with Anthem?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dayeangphurr

Re: Has anyone here appealed the allowable amount with Anthe

#16 Post by dayeangphurr »

Hi double jawbreaker,

I sent you a PM.

cvn

#17 Post by cvn »

double jawbreaker wrote:cvn, I appreciate the invitation to answer questions. You've had three times the experience to share. Have you posted much about the original surgeries you had on this board? What were the issues with your previous surgeries? I'm a bit concerned about resorption, but I understand the surgeon's technique dictates the possibility of this occurrence.

I have to admit after meeting Dr. Gunson and reading the feedback from several Arnett/Gunson patients, I feel confident in Gunson's expertise.
My two previous surgeries were with a surgeon in Illinois. They both relapsed due to a combination of poor technique and resorption. So far so good one this one - yesterday was my one year jaw-versary!

cebf

#18 Post by cebf »

[quote="double jawbreaker"]cvn, I appreciate the invitation to answer questions. You've had three times the experience to share. Have you posted much about the original surgeries you had on this board? What were the issues with your previous surgeries? I'm a bit concerned about resorption, but I understand the surgeon's technique dictates the possibility of this occurrence.

I have to admit after meeting Dr. Gunson and reading the feedback from several Arnett/Gunson patients, I feel confident in Gunson's expertise.[/quote]

Hi double, could you possibly send me an email at cfrance "at" gmail "dot" com ? I'm not authorized to use the pm function yet. I have a question about Anthem Blue Cross. I'd very much appreciate hearing from you.

azjaw

#19 Post by azjaw »

Wow that is ridiculous. I guess that is why they don't have any surgeons in network. What surgeon would agree to do a complicated surgery for $645? I am still waiting to find out how much my insurance will reimburse me. No one could seem to figure out what the allowed amount was for the procedures I was having done when I called ahead of time so I finally gave up and said I will just wait and see. They will pay 70% of the allowed amount up till my out of pocket maximum and then 100% of the allowed amount after that. I guess depending on their allowed amount it could be a lot of money I get back or not much of anything at all.