Arnett-Gunson Insurance Coverage

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OHjawz

Arnett-Gunson Insurance Coverage

#1 Post by OHjawz »

I'm looking into a double-jaw revision and have a consult scheduled with Arnett-Gunson out in Santa Barbara. The problem I am having is finding an insurance company and plan the would willing to work with the them or the hospital they use, Goleta Valley, to help cover facility fees at the very least. Is there an insurance or plan out there like that? Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution? I live in OH

snapdresser

Re: Arnett-Gunson Insurance Coverage

#2 Post by snapdresser »

There are a lot of plans that offer benefits for "Out-of-Network" doctors and facilities. Usually the benefits aren't great but it's something.
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018

OHjawz

Re: Arnett-Gunson Insurance Coverage

#3 Post by OHjawz »

That may be what I have to do. I was really hoping to find someone who would at least be in-network with the hospital as I know some former patients have been able to do. Anthem seems to have the only PPO plans in the marketplace here in Ohio. Might have to just go with the plan with the best out-of-network benefits like you said. Be nice if someone could chime in with some anecdotal evidence of what insurance they may have used or their story