Sliding Genioplasty w/ PICS... Recommendation plz

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JennX

#16 Post by JennX »

I think you look totally hot in the pics you posted... not sure why you're altering your gorgeous face if you don't have bite issues. But since it seems your mind is made up, I wish you best of luck and hope the result leaves you equally attractive.

monarch

#17 Post by monarch »

I'm happy you found the answers you wanted, and the perfect surgeon to do it. Good luck with the procedures and let us know how it turns out! :D

brendan

#18 Post by brendan »

[quote="NightFox"]Ok, lots of updates. I saw Dr. Posnick in New York on 3/16. Dr. Posnick is a very intelligent person and I’m sure an excellent surgeon, but he came across a little demanding and pushy. He started out by saying that I need lower jaw surgery in addition to a sliding genioplasty to get the results that I want (Brendan ur right). It involved 12 months on braces, followed by the jaw surgery and genioplasty, followed by another 6 months on braces. I agreed with him that for the strongest features I would need both, but I already have a near perfect bite, so why bother screwing around with that? And the risks of jaw surgery are so much, including sensation loss to the lower lips.

After I told him that I’m not interested in jaw surgery at all, he said that “genioplastyâ€

lisab28

#19 Post by lisab28 »

holy flower sesame. im not sesame you. dr. cohen is the one who flower my face up. he did an 8 mm projection on me, a genioplasty, and i had it completely reversed. i admire the man since he did such an excellent reversal. i was thinking about the genioplasty for 5 years before i did it. i will email you pictures of how scary i looked after the first surgery, and how normal i looked after the reversal. i really did look like a man, my jaw was so big. look at my before pictures and you can see that nothing was necessary. dr. cohen is not who you think he is.

lisab28

#20 Post by lisab28 »

of course cohen didnt believe jaw surgery was necessary. thats because he doesnt have the equipment nor the skills/confidence to do anything more than a genioplasty when it comes to cutting the jaw. he's not a jaw surgeon, he's a plastic surgeon. just because he's done one jaw surgery that he posted on his website doesn't mean that he is confident enough to go through with that and to know how to correspond things w/ braces etc

lisab28

#21 Post by lisab28 »

honestly, it was cohen's smooth confidence and his sweet secretary (ah heart), who tricked me into it too. (heart being her name). im not messing with you. at least im glad that if you dont like it, i am confident that he can reverse it and it will look fine after the reversal. i am going to email you a picture of what i looked like after the genioplasty he gave me, before and after pictures, and then reversal pictures, and you will see that this man isnt who he says he is. you will see how scary i looked. i never asked to be turned into a man, but he made me look like one. im just glad that he had the skills to reverse it back so i look normal again.

supo

#22 Post by supo »

So, if i'm reading this correctly - Cohen is full of crap and Posnick is the real deal?

supo

#23 Post by supo »

What's Posnicks number - I only see a Jeffrey Posnick is MD., not NY.

newsboysgrl777

#24 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

WOW! When you move, you move fast, don't you??!! LOL

All I can say is GOOD LUCK and i'm hoping the results are everything you've been hoping for. BUT, please give it a chance after you see the results. You're not going to look like what you want until you're fully healed...and many people don't give themselves long enough to heal (for swelling to go down, etc.) before they decide to 'reverse' something. So, in the end, you'll pay all of that money for nothing... of course, if what Lisa says is true (I'm not doubting her), you won't be able to reverse the rhino anyway...

GOOD LUCK! TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY!!!

lisab28

#25 Post by lisab28 »

wait, who are you? and are you going to see dr. cohen? yes, he is full of crap. he made me look like a man with a giant jaw when i asked for a very slight chin augmentation, and then he reversed it completely when i was so alarmed with the results.

*night fox-- the genioplasty already significantly lengthens your face in its own right. it will make your face look longer, trust me, you will see when i send u the pictures (they're at my parents house, in a file, since we will be suing this person). if he lengthens in in addition to giving you a genioplasty, your face will be even more long than the genioplasty would already make it.

he just said that because he said what you wanted to hear, agreeing with you. he's full of sesame. the only reason he reversed it is because he knew my parents were going to sue him. we still are going to, even though he did an excellent job reversing it. he acts nice but once i told him that i didnt like the results, he started to verbally abuse me and yell at me. he called me a "pain in the ass" and took super-glue and glued a bandage to my face, and he yelled at me to stop wearing a bandage that i was using as a disguise to cover up how horrendously he had flower up my face.

dont go to dr. cohen. he will mutilate you. at least if you go to him, he can reverse the chin job. 10 mm is insane. there's a reason why people couple chin jobs with jaw surgery--its because an isolated chin job will be making a mockery of your chin. the few people who did look allright after the surgery are of the few. dont be another one of his victims. look at the before and after pictures on his website. even those ones really arent that great. i cant wait to send you the pictures so you'll see what i looked like after the first surgery. you will see that this guy, like many plastic surgeons who need to victimize people to make enough $ to stay in business, is a fraud.

lisab28

#26 Post by lisab28 »

wait, who are you? and are you going to see dr. cohen? yes, he is full of crap. he made me look like a man with a giant jaw when i asked for a very slight chin augmentation, and then he reversed it completely when i was so alarmed with the results.

*night fox-- the genioplasty already significantly lengthens your face in its own right. it will make your face look longer, trust me, you will see when i send u the pictures (they're at my parents house, in a file, since we will be suing this person). if he lengthens in in addition to giving you a genioplasty, your face will be even more long than the genioplasty would already make it.

he just said that because he said what you wanted to hear, agreeing with you. he's full of sesame. the only reason he reversed it is because he knew my parents were going to sue him. we still are going to, even though he did an excellent job reversing it. he acts nice but once i told him that i didnt like the results, he started to verbally abuse me and yell at me. he called me a "pain in the ass" and took super-glue and glued a bandage to my face, and he yelled at me to stop wearing a bandage that i was using as a disguise to cover up how horrendously he had flower up my face.

dont go to dr. cohen. he will mutilate you. at least if you go to him, he can reverse the chin job. 10 mm is insane. there's a reason why people couple chin jobs with jaw surgery--its because an isolated chin job will be making a mockery of your chin. the few people who did look allright after the surgery are of the few. dont be another one of his victims. look at the before and after pictures on his website. even those ones really arent that great. i cant wait to send you the pictures so you'll see what i looked like after the first surgery. you will see that this guy, like many plastic surgeons who need to victimize people to make enough $ to stay in business, is a fraud.

newsboysgrl777

#27 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

lisab28 wrote:wait, who are you? and are you going to see dr. cohen? yes, he is full of crap. he made me look like a man with a giant jaw when i asked for a very slight chin augmentation, and then he reversed it completely when i was so alarmed with the results.
lisab...if you're talking to me, i had responded to the last post i saw from nightfox, but didn't realize until AFTER I HAD POSTED that there was a page 2 of responses. OOPS!

That's INCREDIBLE coincidence that you had the exact same doctor he is planning on going to. I hope he sees your warnings (and takes them to heart) before the surgery. :( :( :(

NightFox

#28 Post by NightFox »

OMG... Lisa I had no clue that he did that to you =(..WOW.. this is insane.. I'm so sorry to hear that Lisa..

Anyway, I'm looking for that "extra masculine" look. I had my surgery as planned on April 2nd, and now I'm in recovery. I'm still quite swollen, but so far I'm liking the results. Actually, I wish I had gotten a little bit MORE horizontal projection, but like Lisa said, it might not have been a good idea.

I'll post some pics soon, but remember, I'm still extremely swollen around my mouth. My teeth are like an inch back from my lips, lol. The rhinoplasty went well too, i think. The alar wedge incisions are on the concealed really nicely, but we'll c how well my body copes with the columbella scar.

I'll keep everyone updaed.

fromjersey

#29 Post by fromjersey »

I believe most of us here need maxillo-facial surgeons, not plastic surgeons. I do not think we should make impulsive decisions, based on emotional reactions to a plastic surgeon's personality. We often regret decisions made in haste. Our surgeons need knowledge, experience and skill in moving jaws. That is not the job of a plastic surgeon. There is plenty of info. out there and I think we all need to take the time to do our research.
Helen

perfectsmile

#30 Post by perfectsmile »

lisab28 - How soon did you reversed your genioplasty ? my surgeon wants me to wait for 6 months :(