Surgery Date Nov 4- Double Jaw- Excited!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

asmileconnectsus

#241 Post by asmileconnectsus »

A quick update- Last weekend (@ about 10 1/2 mo. post op) I bit into my first apple in 4 years...it was awesome. I may still have some joint pain, but it isn't SO bad that I can't enjoy an apple from time to time! Yessss! Now, if only I could conquer baby carrots!

Marisama

#242 Post by Marisama »

Your joints must've been is pretty bad shape pre-op. I eat apples everyday because it helps loosen up my joints in the morning. Glad to see you're feeling better. Can't wait to get going on my pre-op ortho in a couple months.

cvn

#243 Post by cvn »

I'm jealous. I'm at 5 months and am still on soft chew with bands at night. All I can eat is unhealthy stuff so I porked back up to presurgery weight. Tragic!

asmileconnectsus

#244 Post by asmileconnectsus »

Hey Jaw Buddies!! I'm a few weeks away from flying back to Santa Barbara for my 1 year post-op!! I am doing really well, not doing blog posts, etc. very often because I am just too busy with my life outside of my jaw :) The only problem I have now is muscular joint pain, but this isn't just in my jaw it is in all of my joints. Dr. G, my Rheumatologist, and other doctors are working to figure out if it is related to marfan syndrome which runs in my family, and i have many indications of.

Anyone have any experience in this area? It's becoming a real mystery on how to help my joints out. The worst pain is in my jaw due to the trauma of surgery.

Thanks!

Marisama

#245 Post by Marisama »

asmileconnectsus wrote: The worst pain is in my jaw due to the trauma of surgery.
Can you elaborate on this a bit? What do you mean?

asmileconnectsus

#246 Post by asmileconnectsus »

Sorry, I guess that did sound confusing. What I mean is that due to what we think is related to marfan syndrome (which can have something to do with cartilage and muscle pain), my jaw muscles are more angry than the rest of my joints due to the fact that they were stretched and pulled and moved during surgery.

asmileconnectsus

#247 Post by asmileconnectsus »

:D Hi Jaw Buddies! Today is my one year anniversary for my double jaw surgery! I have done quite an epic blog post with many pictures.

http://asmileconnectsus.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

asmileconnectsus

Re: Surgery Date Nov 4- Double Jaw- Excited!

#248 Post by asmileconnectsus »

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I had my 1 yrs post-op in California with Dr. Gunson and it went very well. He was very pleased with how everything has turned out, and excited by my progress!! I have his official before/after pictures to post to my blog, but I have not had time to scan them in yet. I'm glad to keep reading about peoples progress, questions, etc and I hope I can be here to help if anyone needs it! :D

asmileconnectsus

#249 Post by asmileconnectsus »

Hey Everyone! I just wanted you all to know that I've done a 2 yr. anniversary blog post:

http://asmileconnectsus.blogspot.com/20 ... pdate.html

Enjoy :)

Nathaniel

#250 Post by Nathaniel »

Big congrats!!! Thanks so much for posting your journey :)
Braces to come on: May 4th, 2011
My Blog: http://thejawjourney.blogspot.com/

asmileconnectsus

#251 Post by asmileconnectsus »

Hey there jaw buddies!! I know it is hard to find information about people who have had the surgery, and where they are years later. I have updated my blog http://asmileconnectsus.blogspot.com/ with an update from me 3 YEARS POST-OP! Yessss!! Please enjoy, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

CaliforniaKid

#252 Post by CaliforniaKid »

i wonder if the marfan syndrome had anything to do with your jaw condition. congrats on 3 years.

asmileconnectsus

#253 Post by asmileconnectsus »

Hi All- It's been 4yrs! Here's a blog post with updates!!

http://asmileconnectsus.blogspot.com

I hope everyone is doing well. If you have any questions, please contact me through my blog.