Jaw surgery vs. wisdoms

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sillikitti

Jaw surgery vs. wisdoms

#1 Post by sillikitti »

For those who've had both wisdom teeth extractions and jaw surgery, which did you find harder to recover from and more painful? I had my wisdoms out last week and I'm due for lower jaw surgery around Oct or Nov and I'm wondering which is easier to recover from. I've heard majority of wisdom teeth being worse and I'm having a hard time believing that. Thanks :D

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#2 Post by nahky »

I havent had my surgery yet, will be in may, so i can tel you then.

I have also thought about this aswell. Wehn my wisdoms came out surgicaly, one side of my face swelled up. But i also doubt that it could ahve been worse than jaw surgery. I was still able to eat and could open my mouth.

Guess only time and experience can tell, and that varies aswell. But something tells me double Jaw surgery and genio will be just a tad tougher than popping some teeth out.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

sillikitti

#3 Post by sillikitti »

Best of luck to you Nahky for your surgery next month. Yeah, let us know how it went for sure!
Yeah, I was thinking jaw surgery will probably be a little tougher to heal with the fact that you can't open your mouth all the way and having a numb face will be fun. I swelled up pretty bad with just my wisdoms lol I'm going to have a pumpkin head!

pk_girl

#4 Post by pk_girl »

I am having my wisdoms taken out during the surgery, so I will be ignorant as to which hurts more.