SARPE Video Clip

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brandyleigh35

#16 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Hey Phil,
That is a side affect for some people and I definitely have experienced that. I'm having all of this done because I have sleep apnea, since having SARPE I can sleep and breathe all night. It has increased the space in my mouth and made my airways wider! I still will have to have the lower jaw surgery to align my bite, but I no longer need it so that I can breathe and sleep at night which has truly made this whole journey totally worth it!

Brandy

Svensk Tiger

#17 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Thanks for posting that, it's really interesting. I'm having LeForte 1, BSSO, genio and possibly SARPE so it's really good to see exactly what goes on!
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

Brandyleigh35

#18 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Hey Meryaten,
Definitely I think my apnea can still improve. When I lay on my back I still snore which should be completely eliminated by the lower jaw surgery. Truthfully I can't wait for it to all be done. I'm already so tired of my teeth not coming together or my bite being out of alignment. I just want them to be perfect and done! LOL...

Also if you are interested in seeing some actual pictures step by step of a BSSO (and you haven't seen this yet) I have one in the links on my Blog. Mind you it is very graphic but it is definitely informative. Its the one that says "Warning extremely graphic" There is also one on there for a Lefort I think also in case JenNicole wants to check it out.

Phil, you probably don't want to see these if you are squimish....they are bloody!

Brandy

Svensk Tiger

#19 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Brandyleigh35 wrote:Hey Meryaten,
Definitely I think my apnea can still improve. When I lay on my back I still snore which should be completely eliminated by the lower jaw surgery. Truthfully I can't wait for it to all be done. I'm already so tired of my teeth not coming together or my bite being out of alignment. I just want them to be perfect and done! LOL...

Also if you are interested in seeing some actual pictures step by step of a BSSO (and you haven't seen this yet) I have one in the links on my Blog. Mind you it is very graphic but it is definitely informative. Its the one that says "Warning extremely graphic" There is also one on there for a Lefort I think also in case JenNicole wants to check it out.

Phil, you probably don't want to see these if you are squimish....they are bloody!

Brandy
I have seen your Blog before Brandy and think it's fab but I hadn't noticed the links on the side. Thanks for mentioning it, I'm looking now and I have to say it's fascinating stuff!

I'm at the ortho later today and I'm hoping that this time I'll be ready for surgery (last two visits were supposed to be "it" but my teeth just weren't quite right).
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

KeyserSoze

SARPE Video Clip

#20 Post by KeyserSoze »

[quote="Meryaten"]I too have been looking at your blog from time to time, Brandy - it really is a great resource!! I'd looked at the link you're referring to (and before surgery decided to look away a bit quickly! ;) ) but the sad thing is as they're low res, it's hard to get a really good look. Oh well. It's the best I've seen. I've also had a short email exchange with Dovie.

If you're interested you can find some interoperative pictures of a BSSO in the following Power Point presentation (in pdf format). The presentation itself is in Norwegian (it is a study of what the patients themselves think of the results achieved by their surgery).

http://www.odont.uio.no/studier/semeste ... tognat.pdf

By the way, this is the first time that I post on this forum. I've been lurking around here for a couple of months now. Hopefully I'll present my story later, when and if I have time.