8 teeth out at once????

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmizzle

8 teeth out at once????

#1 Post by metalmizzle »

the oral surgeon says i need to have all four of my impacted wisdom teeth taken out.on top of that, i need four bicuspids extracted for braces.im absolutely TERRIFIED of this!i know it probably won't be as bad as i think, but im wondering if i should get it all done at once or break it up?also, im having a hard time deciding if i should even get all the wisdoms out now.one has a small cyst behind it, so that is the only once im really concerned with.the bicuspids are coming out either way.im just so confused and my headache is getting worse and worse thinking about all of this!of course, the oral surgeon says i need all four wisdoms out, but do i really?he just freaked me out with the talk of how close my bottom wisdoms are to the nerves and how there could be "permanent tingling".he just didn't seem very sincere, more like "eh, it could happen".i know he does ten of these procedures a day, but i don't!i just need some reassurance.either way, i definately think i'll find another oral surgeon if i decide to go through with all of this.i didn't even set an appointment and they handed me two valium as i was leaving! :?

MrsF

#2 Post by MrsF »

Hello,
I just got my 4 impacted wisdom teeth and three bicuspids extracted five days ago! I would recommend getting them all done at the same time. The only problem I am experiencing right now is trying to figure out where to place food in my mouth! It seems like a lot to get pulled at once, but I figured it would be better than going in twice and enduring it all over again. Its not so bad, and I am a big chicken about these things too!

Smiley77

#3 Post by Smiley77 »

I had 7 teeth out at once, and I was fine.

Two of my wisdom teeth became infected, which was HORRIBLE, but the actual extractions and the next couple of days were great. You have to recover from extractions anyway, so why not do it all at once? LOL
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

gearsofwarplayer

#4 Post by gearsofwarplayer »

well i just got my 2 impacted wisdom teeth out today but she also drilled way up through my gum and bone to remove my top wisdom teeth.
i know this is wierd but it felt GREAT
being high on the drugs was awesome

if u are gonna get this done(wich i recommend u do)
make sure they are gonna IV sedate u
u will feel nothing
after the surgery i asked her did she take my teeth out
i didnt even feel them come out!
its no pain at all.
im ten hours post op and i didnt take any vicadin or anything

u should get it done its no biggie

i feel great

nimo

#5 Post by nimo »

I had five teeth pulled, three wisdoms, two premolars. I've said it many times on this board, but since I was really freaked out I want to keep others from being as scared as I was...the worst part for me was the IV. I have horrible veins, and they had to stick me five or six times before they got a good vein. After that everything was fine. Other than the insane amount of drooling (it was totally disgusting), I had zero problems. When the numbness wore off I had almost no pain (it was like I'd been chewing gum for too long and my jaw muscles were sore) and no swelling at all. If I were you, I'd definitely do it all at once.

The best thing you can do is get it done, go home, and relax. I managed to get a week off, and all I did was read and eat lots of soft food.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

metalmizzle

#6 Post by metalmizzle »

thanks for the reply!i actually had all of the teeth extracted a little over a month ago :)
it wasn't a great experience.i swelled up so much i looked like a completely different person and it took a good while to get back to "normal", but now im doing great!
i got my spacers in monday and this coming monday im getting my top braces!wish me luck, though i hope im not gonna need it!