6 weeks, woo hoo! :)

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jsenigaglia

6 weeks, woo hoo! :)

#1 Post by jsenigaglia »

Today marks the end of my first 6 weeks post op, and more importantly, my 6 week no chew diet :) I am freaking stoked! Still a little bit on the worried side about chewing on things, but I must ask for opinions on what is rather easy to begin with? Obviously, I know I wont be eating any steak or anything like that, but what would be easiest to start out with?

Quick update. All my swelling is gone, and I feel great... Still numb from my bottom lip down, but im not too worried, as I get all kinds of zaps around there during the day.. Im sure I will be back to normal in no time :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season, and I will talk to you all soon!

Joe

4beauty4symmetry

#2 Post by 4beauty4symmetry »

six weeks no chew?!

how could you stand it?

i'm on day three of no-chew and fit to be tied!

seriously, do you feel weaker and more tired?

i feel pretty easily wiped out--can't tell if it's from my sarpe surgery on thurs or this diet.

hang in there--jennifer

science teacher

no chew

#3 Post by science teacher »

WOW! 6 weeks. I didn't even stay on soft foods for a whole week. I'm a naughty girl.

Kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

pinkdiamond

numbness

#4 Post by pinkdiamond »

Hi Joe,
I was wondering if your doctor told you how long you would be numb
I'm 7 weeks post op and my lower lip is numb , and its driving me nuts
pinkdiamond :?:

katmpet

#5 Post by katmpet »

I am 5 weeks post op still on liquids and crazy jealous. :shock: I just saw my OS today and he told me that the "numb" can vary but that it could be up to 6 months. I am not sure of your surgery but I am upper & lower with all sorts of fun other little things that were cosmetic to balance the medical procedures. I have tingling and the interior is definately not numb as it hurts like crazy from catching on my surgical lugs!

katmpet

#6 Post by katmpet »

Let me also add I still have my splint in which I realize not everyone has in at 5 weeks-in fact until I can crank open my jaw it will stay in. Given what the OS showed me I had to be-this could be awhile.
I am still thinking about the pasta :cry: