It's official! I'm ready for surgery!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brandyleigh35

It's official! I'm ready for surgery!

#1 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

So I had an appointment for an adjustment today, along with impressions to see if I'm ready for my lower jaw surgery. My ortho says things look great and that I'm good to go! He gave me my impression molds and told me to call my OS and schedule an appointment. I won't be having my surgery til May, as I work for the school district and want to have the summer off to recover from it but it was cool to find out I'm ready.

He put two new 17 steel wires on my teeth today, along with some new "obscure" color powerchains. He said that the wires are stronger and that the surgery will be relying on the surgical hooks and wires to hold everything in place so they need to be strong. My teeth really aren't feeling too bad though (at least not at the moment.) My ortho said to call him as soon as I have a surgical date and we will schedule a time for me to come in and get the surgical hooks put on. In the meantime I'm scheduled for my next adjustment on March 21st. My OS consult will be February 14th. I'm so excited! I know that May will come quickly and at the moment I'm glad that I decided to wait a little. It gives me time to get my teeth cleaned, new xrays, and any teeth issues I may have taken care of prior to my actual surgery date. It also give me time to get some MLD treatments, start excercising more, and improve my health and immune system with some good vitamins and supplements. I have a doctors appointment with my naturalpath today and I'm going to talk to her as well about what I can do to be in tip top condition prior to surgery.

All in all its been a great day so far!

Meryten how far were you advanced? It wasn't very much was it? I thought I remember reading 4mm.

Brandy

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

Brandy - what great news! :D :D :D You are right - time will fly. You made the right decision going on vacation and taking advantage of the long summer vacation to recover.

Pablo

#3 Post by Pablo »

Will be May in no time at all ... I'm in for lower advancement next week.. Have all the surgical hooks in place , they're no problem at all .. Last meeting with surgeon pre op soon .. He also has me taking arnica for the week pre op .. Well hope all goes well with you .. Will post how things go so you have another version of events to read .. :?

Brandyleigh35

#4 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Oh good Pablo!
The more info the better. I love reading about others experience with their surgery. I saw my medical doctor today and she gave me a whole pre-surgical regimen to follow in order to aid in healing. Arnica wasn't part of it, but I have heard of others taking it.

Good luck to you!

Brandy

chrisk

#5 Post by chrisk »

Brandyleigh, that is great news.

You will find that now that you have a date and something to work towards the time will fly by and you will soon be joining the ranks of those who have made it to the 'other side.'

Keep that positive attitude too, since it will really help you get through those first few weeks after surgery.