chin repositioning

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

candycin

chin repositioning

#1 Post by candycin »

had my case presentation with the oral surgeon yesterday. WOW kind of really scared now. I am having my bottom jaw moved forward, my top widened and tilted up and he is also saying i should have my chin repositioned too. The whole surgery itself is covered by our health insurance except for the chin. It is deemed completely cosmetic. Has anyone had it all done? or not and regretted not doing the chin?
I am afraid if i opt not to co the chin i will regret it, and if i do it, i will hate the new position of m chin.
I dont go for another 2 years or so but need to look at all these options

kate0310

chin

#2 Post by kate0310 »

I had the same problem with my Chin. It was the only part not covered by my government insurance, and it cost $1500.
Until 5 minutes before I lay down in the OR I was still undecided about having it done, and than I just thought what the heck I never want to see an oral surgeon again after this so I might as well just go for it all and feel really satisfied with the result. My surgeon laughed, said OK, and under the knife I went.

I am SO so happy that I chose to get my chin done. It is the part that makes the biggest cosmetic difference, and it put my face in a much better proportion. If you can afford to do, I would- because it doesn't make the recovery period any longer.

candycin

chin repositioning

#3 Post by candycin »

do you have any before and after pics???
it does cost about 1800 and the money is no issue really.
the fear of it i guess. scared i may hate the result and then what?

kate0310

pictures

#4 Post by kate0310 »

viewtopic.php?t=18335&start=90&sid=f489 ... 60fad875e3

about half-way down that page there is a recent profile picture. I am currently 5 weeks post-op.

(first there is a timeline picture, than further down shows my chin from the side view)

Gem

#5 Post by Gem »

does your os or ortho have the ability to show you the difference? last year when I was presented with all of the info my os said it would not make a big difference for me and I would have to pay for it so I said no thank you until ortho showed me how I would look with it. at the presurgical consult days before the surgery, I had the money discussion with os because here it is $4,000 and that is when he showed me the pictures of what I would look like with it and without. It was a no brainer, I had it done.