How Much Was Your Surgery???

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KeyserSoze

#16 Post by KeyserSoze »

Hmm that is wierd. My surgery was done for medical reasons, and I still had to pay the patient's charge(egenandel?). Same goes for the ortho. Although my brace-stuff is beeing done at a private clinic so that is perhaps why the government did not cover that. Anyway, Im done with the surgery, paied for it, I still have food, so Im happy :D
That is indeed weird. Hasn't the orthodontist or the surgeon spoken to you about refunds relating to orthodontic treatment? The first thing my orthodontist told me when I went to her for a consultation was that if I chose to go ahead with the treatment everything would be free. She said that for dental treatment that involves orthognathic surgery you automatically get a 100% refund. We filled out a form together in which we requested such a refund, and a few months later it was approved.

Yarr

#17 Post by Yarr »

That is nice info KeyserSoze, because I also filled out a form for the treatment. The only thing is that I had to go through with this prosedure the year I truned 19 at the latest if I was to get it covered by the government. Still I keep paying approx 100USD for the ortho treatment almost every month. I have appointment with my ortho on friday, so Ill have to ask him.

LOL, the last bill I got for my ortho covered the surgical hooks, and I had to pay 50USD a peace, and I have like 14 or something of them. Ill ask if Ill get my money back when he takes them out :P

Yarr

#18 Post by Yarr »

I spoke to my orho today, and told him about the last bill. He was shocked that I got that bill, and said that there must be mistake in their system. So, Ill be getting my money back! :D

chillin-in-grilz

#19 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Isnt hospital or anything medically related in canada is free?
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

ohmyjaw

#20 Post by ohmyjaw »

No, not exactly. I am a Canadian without private insurance and I am paying the full cost of my orthodontics and my surgeon's fee for the surgery. The surgeon's fee was $7000 CDN. I did not have to pay for any hospital fees, anesthesia, etc. That part is free. I believe I have to pay the surgeon because my surgery was not medically necessary. If I had a broken leg, heart attack, etc I would certainly get free care. We have to pay for certain things, like prescription drugs, dental check-ups, and braces if we want them. Some people have insurance (usually through their employer) that pays for some costs, but I don't.

KeyserSoze

#21 Post by KeyserSoze »

I spoke to my orho today, and told him about the last bill. He was shocked that I got that bill, and said that there must be mistake in their system. So, Ill be getting my money back! :D
That is great! Does that include the bill for the surgery or just the braces?

jf74

#22 Post by jf74 »

In Canada the price vary a lot ... in Quebec the universal health insurance pay most of it, so it cost around 1000$

but if you go in Ontario I heard it's 8-10k$

G

#23 Post by G »

Laforte I and BSSO was FREE

gotta love the armed forces! if your immediate family has served time you should defiantly check in to it

(my dad did his 20 years)

Charlene

#24 Post by Charlene »

In Boise, Idaho I payed 4000.00 for my SARPE with four extractions and 5100.00 total for ortho ( 21 months ) My insurance payed 1200.00 toward surgery and 2200.00 toward ortho. I feel very fortunate I work for Southwest Airlines and we have wonderful benefits. Every bit helps :)