Best wishes Brandy!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

smile2006

#1 Post by smile2006 »

Yes, good luck and keep us posted on how things go. It's great to be a teacher so you have alot of recovery time. You'll be as good as new by the start of the new school year!

Brandyleigh35

#2 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Thanks for the support, my surgery is at 7:30am Thursday morning so if you remember or think about it then, send a happy thought my way ok?

Honestly, at the moment I'm not too terribly worried about it. That could all change tomorrow but for now I feel pretty calm. I've got everything in order that I need so now it is just a matter of showing up for the surgery.

I will definitely keep you posted, oh...and my husband or son will be updating my blog the day of surgery so if you want to see how things went just check my blog. Thanks again for all the well wishes, I really appreciate them!

Brandy

kate0310

good luck

#3 Post by kate0310 »

Good Luck Brandy!!!
Im excited to see your results and hear how it all goes! Enjoy your last few meals too. :)

Kate

Delag

#4 Post by Delag »

Let me add my good wishes to a speedy recovery Brandy! When I first got online to figure out what my doctor was proposing, I found your blog. You were on day five post op - and I wasn't alone anymore. I hope you realize how much your dedicaton to keeping your blog so detailed and updated has helped others. Would that I could help you as much as you have helped me. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as will your family in the days to come.

WhiteLurcher

#5 Post by WhiteLurcher »

All the best for tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you!

You'll probably find your just as calm tomorrow as you are today, I was!

Good luck and see you on the other side! :dance:

[/url]

Clover

#6 Post by Clover »

Good luck Brandy, I hope it all goes well on Thursday. I'll be thinking of you, and checking your blog to see how you are. Take care :)

Mart

#7 Post by Mart »

Good luck Brandy! stay cool 8)

Genevieve

#8 Post by Genevieve »

Hi Brandy,

I may be too late and you won't see this before your op, but in any event, I will be thinking of you and hoping that all is going as well as it can for you. Good vibes to you from London, England! I'm delighted to hear that you will be keeping your blog up to date as I have been following your progress very closely and learning from you!

All the very best for your op. With all your positivity I know you'll be just fine.

G.

iBorg

#9 Post by iBorg »

Best of Luck!

Please keep us informed so I (and others) can learn for what to prepare for.

You'll have happy thoughts coming your way from West Virginia!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

4beauty4symmetry

#10 Post by 4beauty4symmetry »

I'm glad I I checked in with the forum today. Now I know to be thinking of you at around 10:30 Thursday morning.

Really do hope it goes well for you, Brandi. Of course I wish that for everyone here, but you've made such generous and meaningful contribution towards patient self-care and advocacy that I especially hope the universe rewards you for it.

As I type this, I realize it's not so much the surgery I should be sending you best wishes for, bu the recovery. Really, I think the chances of not having a good surgery are so slim as to be hard to see--it's the recovery that's an ordeal for most of us, isn't it.

I'll have good vibes in me for you tomorrow morning anyway <g>.
Dec 2006--RPE followed by SARPE surgery
Jan 2007--Braces
Nov 2007 BSSO mandibular setback, genioplasty, and two implant anchors. Surgery-eve reprieve from Lefort.
May 2008--Debraced

Surgeries in Costa Rica, Orthodontics in Massachusetts.

All to fix an openbite, crossbite, underbite, and two missing bottom molars.

anabel

#11 Post by anabel »

Good luck and come back soon!!
Braces on July 2005
Upper/Lower/Genio July 2006
Braces off June 2007

Brandyleigh35

#12 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Thanks for all the kind and thoughtful wishes for my surgery. I will be back before you know it!

Brandy

4beauty4symmetry

#13 Post by 4beauty4symmetry »

I know there's no reason to wait but I'm dying of curiousity about a couple of things re: Brandy's surgery and maybe someone's eagle eye has figured it out:

Was her surgery only 1.5 hours at the most? She arrived at the hospital at 6 am. At 7.23 pm she's holding up a sign that says 11.5 hours post-op.

Doesn't that mean she got out of the OR at around 8 am? Isn't that kinda quick for an upper, lower, and genio?

Also, it looks like she's staying 2 nights in the hospital, not one, right?

She's having what I'm having in about 6 months, except I'm having mandibular setback, so I'm now in the phase of following surgery reports very keenly.

EDIT: Just looked at a previous post of hers. Her Doc follows the one overnight per jaw school of hospitalization.
Dec 2006--RPE followed by SARPE surgery
Jan 2007--Braces
Nov 2007 BSSO mandibular setback, genioplasty, and two implant anchors. Surgery-eve reprieve from Lefort.
May 2008--Debraced

Surgeries in Costa Rica, Orthodontics in Massachusetts.

All to fix an openbite, crossbite, underbite, and two missing bottom molars.

Brandyleigh35

#14 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Ok.here is the scoop on the pictures. The one that says 11.5 hours post op was posted my be I went off of the time my surgery was complete. It was 6 hours long, no with complications. Doctor said I only lost 3/4 of a pint of blood which is really good and should speed up my recovery a lot.

My tongues is really swollen and numb right now. Feels like when you go to the dentist and he give you a novacaine shot. My throat is also sore from the breathing tube. Other than that I'm hold my own. I did not take any pain meds at all ony the initial dose of morphine that they gave me in recovery. I had some baby tylenol early this morning for my sore throat but thats it. Doctor aid that he never topped any of my nerves and he expects me to get full feeling back everywhere (which I almost have right now)
When he came to see me this morning he said that I looked amazing. Now I'm not so sure about that, and thing are certainly not really enjoyable right now. But Im doing fine with it all nonetheless.

Brandy

Brandyleigh35

#15 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

hey Meryten,
The swelling has come on in force. I have had a really hard time eating due to my throat and swollen tongue, and I don't know if it was related to the anethesia but water just taste so nasty! I've been drinking it anyway but its been hard. Thank god for zip and squeeze thats all I can say!

Tonight I took a cup of rice, some warm chicken broth and blended it up in the magic bullet with some salt, pepper, and spcies. I ate almost all of it and at the moment fell so much better. I've also been drinking some organic baby apple juice. It is so good, compared to water.

As for this big surgery, the big things are staying ahead of the pain. I was achey today so I started using Advil. It helps a lot. The second thing is getting enough food into yourself. This is really hard as know. If things taste weird, and your throat feels like strep its hard to swallow anything. While my face has ballooned up this afternoon, I can tell incrementaly that it is starting to come down in my mouth. Which is good, and my throat is improving too?!

Thanks for the well wishes, I do appreciate them. On my blog about a month back I had a dream that I had sugery and woke up with no numbess, and the doctor said OMG you look amazing. So far that has almost been true. Except I do have a little bit of numbness in my lower lip. It is tingly to the touch so I'm pretty sure I will get feeling back, I'm numb on my genio site also. If I had to I could live with the numb chin but I do want to feel my lip again.

Brandy