Flying after surgery

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iheartmypanda

Flying after surgery

#1 Post by iheartmypanda »

Hi everyone!

For the longest time I have been wondering what will happen nect time I fly!
I have all these plates and screws in my head now. Won't I for sure beep beep when I go through the security check?
Do I need a note from my surgeon?

airport security gets tighter by the second and I am soo curious!

anyone know?

TIA,

Mariana

p.s. my OS assured me (he sorta laughed when I was telling him about my panic :p) that I can sleep on my side and it doesn't hurt my jaw so I'm slowly on my way to getting some sleep! yay!

kate0310

flying

#2 Post by kate0310 »

personally, I think it would exciting to set a detector off with my METAL JAW. It would feel very bionic-woman ish and I could flaunt it :)

iheartmypanda

Re: flying

#3 Post by iheartmypanda »

kate0310 wrote:personally, I think it would exciting to set a detector off with my METAL JAW. It would feel very bionic-woman ish and I could flaunt it :)
that's why I asked! Because I totally think it would be super cool and I was really looking foward to it (I'm not evn planing on flying ANY time soon) and I didn't want to get my hopes up.

I hope I set detectors off.. otherwise there is absolutley no fun in having all these screws in my mouth... :( then I've just been screwed!

The x-rays do look cool though. At least we'll always have that...

AndyH

#4 Post by AndyH »

My surgeon told me Titanium won't set off the detectors, just like people who have hip surgeries invloving a lot of metal still don't set off the detectors. I know it would be fun to set them off but apparently it's not going to happen :(

Andy