Question

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MGood

Question

#1 Post by MGood »

I wrote yesterday, to tell you about my surgery. I had upper jaw surgery on June 1st. I saw my Ortho yesterday and he said I can stop cranking the RPE, that I am wide enough now. We set a date to have my upper braces put on July 11th. It seems as though most of you already had braces before surgery. Is it odd that I am having them put on after??

freerideuk

#2 Post by freerideuk »

nope what you had was rapid palate expanstion to widen your top jaw now that it is wide enough you will get your braces to close your gap

this first surgery was to prepare you for you lower jaw surgery not everyone has what you had so are straight into braces and only go through the one surgery

many people on the board have documented there jurneys through am sure meryaten will post some links for you about it when shes on as i don't no them but she has done so for other people

i hope this helps

xxxxxxxx

plasticwings

#3 Post by plasticwings »

I actually didn't have my braces put on until a few weeks after expansion with my RPE. So don't feel bad. It isn't odd. In fact, there's probably a reason why you ortho has it planned this way.

For the most part, good luck on getting your braces. It'll be a huge step and you'll love the results. :D

monarch64

#4 Post by monarch64 »

I had SARPE in the beginning of May. About 2 weeks before that, I had my brackets placed but no wires...so technically I was not braced before surgery, just had the brackets on. You're not abnomal! :wink: